Looking for catfish on hoover

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by slowboat, Apr 4, 2007.

1. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have been out several time already this year and haven,t found any.

2. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Hal, head up to the shallow stump field where the creek comes in. That is where they catch them all spring into summer. Try one pole with a float to keep the bait just off the mud. There is a guy up there that gives seminars at the boat show every year and he's the resident expert. I have read many of his articles. Thats where he says to go. Use shrimp or cut shad.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have never fished hoover, but how have you been fishing for them? maybe someone can help if you tell us alittle more on what you have been trying.

4. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have fisshed on bottom with shad shrimp and worms

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hal, i don't know anything about the old stumps, or even how deep your fishing, but i have been catching fish fairly shallow where the water may be warmer. i have been float fishing with liver catching most of mine suspended.. you may have to keep adjusting your float to try to find the right depth depending on how deep the water is. sometimes around the dam areas where there is lots of dump rock can be hot fishing ,floating your baits along them just off shore. goodluck

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Where have you been fishing at Hal?

7. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I was there on Saturday. Besides me there was only three other boats out that day. I have never fished Hoover for cats, only caught one that day. Had a total of tree bites. Like a dummy I only took one anchor, kept getting blown around in circles so I got mad and left. I was fishing in the northern end of the lake.

8. Catstalker07

Catstalker07 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    How muddy was the water? I always start at the north end, sometimes I even go up in the creek. This area should be good for awhile.

9. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    The water was high and muddy. I was fishing around the islands.