looking for Burlington area fishing buddy

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by davesoutfishing, Aug 15, 2005.

1. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    Hi new to this site but am in the BOC (hope this isnt the same site) lol have boats and lots or rivers big and small just need the wisdom to guide me

2. papa-d

papa-d New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :confused: R there any rivers over that way with rnuff water to run in now? Are you a daytime only fisherman? I live up by the Iowa River and it's adry as a popcorn _ _ _ _!

3. drews0311

drews0311 New Member

State:
    iowa
    when the river is low is when you need to find them deep holes. we have always had the most luck when the water temp is up and the river is low.

good luck
    drews

4. papa-d

papa-d New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Uh Huh....I agree but I was wondering if there were any rivers (besides the mississipi) over by Burlington area with high enough water levels to safely run a boat in so that a guy could do some boat fishin over there. There's not enough water up here to run anything but an airboat or maybe a canoe? :crying:

5. davesoutfishing

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    yea the skunk river come on down

6. papa-d

papa-d New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Where is the best place to "put in" at down on there the Skunk? If I came down I'd be coming down from the Cedar Rapids area. I fished on the Skunk south & west of me one time years ago. There were some real nice catfish but the place where we fished was a horrible place to put in a boat. The river had been straightened in that area and the banks were awfully steep with no ramps in the area.

7. davesoutfishing

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    down by the mouth of the miss deeper water there

8. davesoutfishing

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    where the skunk dumps into the Miss is about a mile downstream from the boat ramp we use(concrete boat ramp on the skunk) and we can go upstream about 6 miles on the skunk just let me know when you want to come down

9. davesoutfishing

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    fish night or day dont really matter to me I have spot lights lol

10. papa-d

papa-d New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey Dave, Sorry about not replying sooner but I got derailed first by a bout with cataracts that made it impossible for me to see and then by my annual winter move to AZ. Cataract operation went ok but after I got out here to AZ I had trouble getting back to BOC and our conversation because it was started on a different computer and I had to find my way back to BOC without the help of having it in the "favs" of this machine. Anyhow I might contact you when I get back in the spring (mid part of April) to see if we can get together down there to do some fishing on the Skunk. I'm always pretty flexible as far as when I can go - so I'm sure we can do this. I have a question that you might be able to answer about this forum: Is there any way to watch these threads and to be sent an e-mail whenever a thread has received a reply?
    PaPa D

"where the skunk dumps into the Miss is about a mile downstream from the boat ramp we use(concrete boat ramp on the skunk) and we can go upstream about 6 miles on the skunk just let me know when you want to come down"

11. mojoe1

mojoe1 New Member

State:
    iowa
    papa-d are you looking for a fishing buddy in burlington?

12. papa-d

papa-d New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'd like to find someone to fish with somewhere in my area. Burlington is a fairly long drive from where I live (probably more than a couple hours) and I would probably only be able to make an occasional trip down there. I live almost an hour west of Cedar Rapids.
    PaPa-D

13. davesoutfishing

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    Hey guys Im from in Burlington and am also looking for a fishing buddy I fish on sunday and mondays just put a hitch on the van to pull my boat just waiting for the warm weather now lol send me a pm

14. mojoe1

mojoe1 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Hey papa-d ill make sure I Keep you in the loop on whats being caught down south so we can make your trip worth while. Dave I can't pm until i have 10 posts. But if you pm me I'm sure I can answer. I'm in Burlington about every weekend and somtimes during the week.

15. papa-d

papa-d New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sounds good Dave! I'll look forward to your updates!:cool:
    PaPa-D