Looking for advice on P.D. river catfish

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by narcdcso, Feb 10, 2009.

1. narcdcso

narcdcso New Member

State:
    sc
    I live in Dilon SC and I have heard of catfishing on the Pee Dee. I fish at Santee alot but would like to hook up with someone to fish with on the Pee Dee. I have a 18 ft key west cc, gas and cold beer.

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Robbie 1st off Welcome to the BOC from the Pee Dee Catmasters. If you are looking to hook up with some guys that know about fishing the river come check us out. Our next metting is on March 9th and would love to have ya there. BPD is a great place to fish and I will show you everything I know about it. Just let me know what is a good time to go fishin.

3. narcdcso

narcdcso New Member

State:
    sc
    I am off every other weekend. And can get off about any day on my long week. I'll plan to attend the meeting. I have got the catfish fever bad.

4. Robbie Norton

Robbie Norton New Member

State:
    Florence S.C
    Well the best thing i can tell you that you need a big reel an some cut bait eel is good bait cut bream. The only thing that you can keep that is big are flathead you can keep some blues to. They have size lement on blues and chanal cats.:cool2:

5. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Easy there Cowboy!! you better watch postin that info!!:eek:oooh:
    Pop Pop will be sittin on your back door stoop every mornin!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

6. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Or me drinking your beer pretending I'm fishing..lol
    I live down here at the beach. I too fish Santee alot. I did once have the pleasure of fishing with James on the PeeDee and he is true to his word about showing you how to fish that river. The only thing though is he uses eels for bait...uuuggghhhhh hate those eels...
    Jonathan