Looking for advice for catching monster cats~

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by Catman21, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Catman21

Catman21 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    My buddy and I are looking for some advice for catching some monster blues. Basically we had a few places we were looking at going to Guntersville, Wheeler, or possibly even trying out the Tennesee River. If any of ya all can help out in best location, bait and presentation, and some basic info on spring time blue fishin' that would be great! We plan on going within the next few weeks here. Basically the end of April, but if I need to get out there sooner I will.

Also when is the absolute best time of the year to hook into a lunker cat??

Thanx y'all

Mike

2. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    My experience is,yesterday or tomorrow
    Thats what everyone tells me-"ya shudda been here yesterday-or ya shouldn't have left so early" :)

3. 45CATFISH

45CATFISH New Member

State:
    HENDERSON,LOUISIANA
    JON YOU JUST SUMMED UP MY LIFE OF FISHING.GOOD JOB

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I HAVE FOUND THE BEST TO GO IS WHEN I CAN GET OT THE WATER AND THATS IS THREE TO FOUR TIMES A WEEK:big_smile:

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The best time is anytime you can go

6. catchaser1

catchaser1 Active Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    I would like to know the answer to these same questions, I am going to wheeler and wilson next monday, any help would be great

7. huls1

huls1 New Member

State:
    alabama
    have caught a few big blues drifting from the Guntersville dam around the locks and at the edge of the swift water all the way sown to the painted bluff using yellow tails and cut up skipjacks, that side of the guntersville dam is part of Wheeler lake

8. Catman21

Catman21 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thank you all. I'll actually be prob heading up there either May2nd or 9th at night. Can't wait I'm hoping this with be my first big catch night!!! I want that 40+ hahah. Still haven't quite decided on witch water to fish yet but figure either will yield monsters!

9. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    guntersville dam don't run a lot of water at night this time of year and when the waters off it makes for some tuff fishing unless you go way down river...you can check the t.v.a. web site to check the water and if its off I would go to guntersville...

10. Psmith

Psmith New Member

State:
    Alaba,a
    Me and my son fished Wilson lake last week, bass fishing. We caught 4 pretty good catfish on crankbaits. They were on a flat in about 12 to 15 feet of water. 1 flathead 2 blue cats and 1 channel cat I think. He caught one maybe 4 or 5 pounds