Looking for a Windshield

Discussion in 'Boating' started by DJH1, Mar 20, 2009.

1. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm looking for a place to buy a plexiglass windshield to replace the one on my generation III aluminum bass boat. Mine had a full speed collision with a flying carp last year. Anybody know where I can get one of these, so far all I've found is cabelas and ebay. Thinking there are probably some boat supply stores I might be able to check on the internet.

2. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    We might be able to help you,what are the measurements?

3. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    I build my own from 1/4 plexiglass. riuns around 30 dollars for a 2' x 3' piece. I use a heat gun to heat and bent it. Must have patients though. Do my final cutting with an fine blade band saw and cleaning edges with sand paper.

4. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    If you make your own with plex, make sure you dont get it too hot or it will craze, or check and be very brittle.:wink:I have done glass work of and on since 1984 and have seen alot of it. What year is your boat,

5. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    a friend of mine here in indiana had one made for around $40-50 at a local glass shop.. his was for a center console about 3ft wide, 1/4" plexi.. so you might look in your yellow pages for glass shops... hope this helps

6. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My boats a 1995 generation III silverado 17, and I cant find any replacement parts for this thing. I'll try to get some measurements as soon as I can, but I'm thinking its around 22" wide and 12" tall, pretty short. I definetely dont have the patience to do it myself, so I'll have to either buy one or have it made. Thanks for the replies so far.