Looking for a used boat to buy

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by cheeseheadking, May 2, 2007.

1. cheeseheadking

cheeseheadking New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm moving up to Smithville MO. middle of May, and looking to buy a used fishing boat..Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just something to get me out on the lake to do some fishing..If anyone knows of any for sale in the area please let me know..Thank you

Have a good day

Mark Schuerman

2. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If you were about 2 weeks earlier, I would of been glad to sell you my old boat...I had a 16' semi V with a 40hp mercury console drive. I will keep my ears and eyes open for you!

3. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I dont know how close you will be to Hannibal Mo but i live near there in Illinois. Ive got a 17ft Xpress jon boat with a 60hp yamaha, i wasnt planing on selling it but anything is for sale. :smile2:

4. paddle

paddle New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There are at least two dealers right in Smithville that may have what you need. When you go, look over the lot carefully. I found the boat that I bought at Smithville Marine back in the weeds. The trailer did not even have any tires on it at the time. Take time to deal with them they always leave themselves some "wiggle room". I got the boat six years ago and have never regretted it, --paddle:0a17:

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Theres always this usefull tool for boat shopping too. Theres deals posted on Craigslist every day. Click the link below and Good Luck with the hunt. Cuz

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/boa/

6. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Mark...
    I'll keep an eye out...but ya gotta narrow it down a little
    You looking for a 500$ beater or a 10K$ ready to go?

welcome to the neighborhood,not to far from smithville myself

7. cheeseheadking

State:
    Missouri
    Thankyou all for the replys, I'm looking for a boat in the price range of $500 to $2,000. All have a good day and happy fishing.

8. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    have I got the boat for you 15 ft 18 hp evinrude its an old boat that has never let me down I bought a used tri hull and my boss says i have to get rid of one of them I have some pics of it somewhere on this computer I just have to find em

9. daddio

daddio New Member

State:
    kansas
    I took some new pics of both boats 500

Attached Files:

10. Rootwad

Rootwad New Member

State:
    Platte City, MO
    I have a 1982 Murc. 25 h.p. with a gas tank and fuel line that I will sell if you're interested.

11. powercat

powercat New Member

State:
    Olathe,Ks/Fish Gravois Mi
    I live in Olathe, and have my old boat for sale. It is a 16ft Tracker jon boat, trailer, and 15 hp Mercury motor that I am having tuned up now and spending $150.00 on it for repairs of carburetor and shifting mechanism. I am hoping to get $1400.00 for it but if interested make an offer.

12. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    craigs list is awesome! i found a jon boat on there for 100 bucks, just make sure you loook at the boat for you tell them you wanna buy it, you can get ripped off really easily

13. cheeseheadking

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Powercat, do you have any pics of the boat your selling??

14. powercat

powercat New Member

State:
    I will take some and e-mail them to you. It also has a 12 volt bow mounted trolling motor. The boat is 12 years old and I have had it up on a boat lift most of the time. The motor is older mayby 18 years? I bought both new and used them occasionaly at our lake home. The motor has always been an easy starter.

15. powercat

powercat New Member

State:
    I have attached three pictures of the boat. The boat is in Higginsville, Mo. at I-70 and Mo. 13 hwy. at the BP gas station. My phone number is 913-980-3599.

Attached Files:

16. powercat

powercat New Member

State:
    I will try and load the other two pictures. For some reason the site won't allow me to upload the other two pictures.

17. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
    Hey all,

I'm new to this site but love to fish for "cats". I, too, am looking for a good used and inexpensive boat. What I'd really like to have is the little dinghy type boats that seat a couple of people. If anyone has one or knows where one can be found please respond.

Thanks!!

18. backedde

backedde New Member

State:
    missouri
    i have a 1993 mercury tracker motor 25 horse if youre interested.