Looking for a tutor for Ohio River Bluecat fishing

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Spencer_Blanton, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    All,

I'm looking for someone to teach me the ropes hands on style for bluecat fishing on the Ohio river. I'm willing to pay for gas and launching fees. Let me know if you are interested.

Regards,

Spencer

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    you are just a little far away for me to show u any thing but if you are ever down around evansville send me a pm

3. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Spencer, Im still waiting for my first Ohio River blue but have taken plenty of channels and watched a few get caught out of my boat. Fishing for blues is just a matter of locating structures and fishing them in the big river which means spending alot of time driving the boat just looking at the bottom, also looking to mark lot sof fish will help since a big blue can eat about anything it wants. You would use your flathead gear and large pieces od shad or skipjacks for bait, tightline, drifting or circles will all work.

Afte that, just get out and start trying, the fish will come, Ill be sure to add you to my list of folks who have mentioned going with me if I have any openings.

Salmonid

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I dont have my own boat, but have learned alot on the river with others nice enough to take me out. We seem to always get atleast one blue over 20lbs, and Salamond layed it out pretty good for you as far as technique. If you ever have any questions on blue fishing feel free to pm me, I am no expert, but I know how to catch them on the Ohio fairly well...myself and ProstreetS10 both caught our PB bluecats on the river last month, I love fishing for blues, it gets me through the winter...LOL:roll_eyes:

5. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Fishing the ohio river is fun for blues. I learned pretty quick but i am no pro by any means. still would love to learn the drifting technique heard it's a great way to find some monster blues.As tbull said they will be getting me through the winter when the flats stop biting. If your ever headed tot he cincy area and i got a spot on my boat i would like to go with ya.:wink:

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Spencer where have you been? I haven't seen you on here for ages. Glad to see ya back. We have lots of guys down on the Ohio that can chime in here. Did you see we can finally enter a blue cat on the Ohio record books starting JAN 1st? I'll be heading down there in january to see if I can catch my first ever blue lol.

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    s-man be sure to look me of when you head this way..

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    :wink:Salmonid we'll have to hook up soon and see if I cant get you on your fish Ohio River Blue...Sorry bud I think I have mispronounced your user name every time except for this one...no hard feelings right..??LOL

9. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    I appreciate the feedback everyone. It seems like I may have gotten dibs on some empty boat seats. I need to start saving up for my own. I've never attempted bank fishing for blues. Keep me in mind for your trips! Thanks.

Spencer

10. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Tbull, its pronounced "SAL- MON -ID", comes from my trout fishing days and been using that moniker for about 15 years now on all sorts of fishing boards. Salmonids are the technical name for all the salmon and trout thrown into one bucket. An example is : "Salmonids include the brown trout,Brook trout and Chinook Salmon"

Of course I get SALMON EYE DEE, SALMONOID and SALMON-Iddd all the time:wink:
    If you see how my last name is spelled, Im used to it, trust me, Ive heard them all plus a few...:smile2:

Will report tomorrow,
    Spencer you were about 5 minutes away from getting a PM to fish tomorrow, perhaps next time.

Salmonid

11. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Oh I see...lol:tounge_out:

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    mark. lol... i have to look everytime im gonna write you, cause i just wanna say Sal-mon-noid!!!! lol... sorry, but,,, you are asking for it!!! a bunch of cat guys... now you start talking trout.? thats not even bait, or anything i consider a fish i would like to catch..? i dunno, just weird to me... can't see me callin my best bud and sayin hey lets go trout fishin!! NOPE SORRY!! lmao...rollo

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Spencer, I know Bryan, H20 Mellon has a fine Ohio river boat, plus he lives close to you, give him a shout!

14. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Mentioned trout so now I have to mispronounce you name every time....LOL:confused2::wink::smile2:

15. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I don't think I got it wrong did I? Freud? says we all have an ID and an EGO lol. You have a salmon-ID lol.