Looking for a sling-shot

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by gogetem, Mar 5, 2007.

1. gogetem

gogetem New Member

State:
    north-carolina
    I'm in need of a sling shot that can shoot a least 1cup to a cup&1/2 of chum at a fairly good distance from the bank, great thanks to anyone that can help me with any info, GOGETEM

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Dennis, most sporting goods stores carry sling shots. Don't know if they will handle a cup of stuff!

3. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    you can make one easy enough just go to the hardware store and get a length of surgical tubing and a cup and hook up the cup to the tubing and the other end to a front bike tire yoke. and chum away

4. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    A sling shot is what David used to kill the Giant in the Bible. I don't think this is what you are talking about. But in this day of politically critical descriptions I don't know what to call what you are using. I grew up with one in my back pocket and I was deadly with it. Tried the sling shot once, knocked a hole in the neighbors garage. End of story! If my Father had found out my britches would not have held shucks. Know what I mean?:big_smile:

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I think what you need is a sling, rather than a slingshot. The ones commonly in use in the time of David would handle a round rock a little larger than a baseball. You can easily make your own. Cut your pouch from scrap leather and make two holes for your cords. Tie on two cords 2'-3' long; make a loop in the free end of one to slide over your hand, like the cord on a castnet. Hold the other cord in your hand with the weight/chum in the pouch and swing it round & round, releasing the free cord to throw the weight/chum. A slingshot is made with a stock, and the largest amount of chum I know of being thrown by one is about a quarter cup. They're in widespread use in England.

6. fishman247

fishman247 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    go to a toly store and find a jai-lai(sp?) kit. those thing will sling at least 2 cups of trout chow or any other dry chum........if ya dont know what it is the best i can describe it is it looks like a peice of pvc pipe split in half and curved......

hope it helps
    josh