Looking for a reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by vlparrish, Oct 5, 2006.

1. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    I'm looking for a medium sized spinning reel in the $30 range that is worth 30 dollars. I dont want it for catfish, but more for bait, bass and such. I have purchased several that I haven't liked. If I can't find one, I'm going to buy another old mitchell 300 off Ebay. Vern

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Vl I have one I can give you PM me with your address and I will get it in the mail Monday. SHakespeare Alpha Spinning is one there is also a beachcomber size 70 and another that is also a size 70 reel. Pick one and its yours for free.

3. usmc0208

usmc0208 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I bought a browning a few years ago and I really like it. Its real durable

4. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Vernon, I bought a new Penn Captiva spinning reel off of e-bay back in the spring that was under $30. I really like it, it's real smooth and seems to have a good drag system. There are different sizes of this reel as in line sizes, line capacities and gear ratios. Mine is one of the mid-sized one rated at 200 yds./10 lb. line. I bought it to mount on an Ugly Stik catish rod for catching channels. You might would want one of the smaller ones to meet your needs. Cabelas has them if you want to check them out on their website.