Looking for a place..

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by BowieKnife357, Jun 6, 2009.

1. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'm in search of a few different places to seine crawdads (preferably Andover area if one still exists). Now don't get me wrong, I don't want to intrude on your number one bait hole..but maybe you know of another one or two that is just ok, or you don't like going to, or any other reason. They built a housing development on the creek I used to seine so I can't go there any more. Gotta love that urban sprawl. Regardless, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance! Y'all have fun.

2. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Do you have any permission to get on four mile creek?

3. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    I usually go to andover central park pond to catch bait cause its close to the house. Every now and then I'll catch crawdads out of there on accident while fishing for gills. I usually get them right up against the posts for the fishing docks and I have to fling them up out of the water before they open their pinchers. I've also got one or two from the shallow area on the north end of the pond where the creek feeds into it. Now I don't know about seining for them, I suppose you could. I don't know anything about getting crawdads really and I've only caught them by chance on hook and line, but if you can trap them legally it might be worth putting one right by the posts of the docks. There is a little creek that flows into it that is about 5-10 feet wide and theres about a 50 yard stretch of it I'd say that is part of the park. I know you said creek, but if you're just looking for a place that has them, this pond does.

4. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Put a big gob of raw bacon on a treble hook. We used to catch em as kids in cow creek. Just give em a good yank!:wink:

5. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I did before they built houses all around it. Don't really have permission to seine it any where else, though I think I might know of a couple grey areas.

I wondered about the park pond, I pull gills out of there all the time for bait. Might have to drop a couple crawdad traps out there and see what happens.