LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO HUNT.

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by ASCRAPPER4LIFE, Aug 10, 2009.

1. ASCRAPPER4LIFE

ASCRAPPER4LIFE New Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I LIVE IN EAST TENNESSEE AND I CANT FIND ANYWERE IN THIS AREA TO HUNT ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS WERE I CAN START?

2. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    Try and find some public land. Its not my first choice but if thats all I can get ill take it. Also ask farmers, landowners, family, friends, whoever. Just get the word out. And make sure you make it clear you will be safe and responsible. Also if you dont already, learn to use a bow. Most people only feel comfortable with bowhunting on their land. Guns just make them nervous. Good luck.

3. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Public land may be it my friend . There are wma's quota hunts and such that might up your chance's Good luck as mentioned you might gain access by bowhunting . Offer help to the landowner in maintaining the property fences and such . Offer references of were you may have hunted before or money if you can . Also tell them you will sign a waiver that releives them of any responsibility if you get hurt . Just some suggestions...

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey Colton! As was said in the previous posts, Public land is the best bet. Not sure if your state of Tennessee has a brochure of Public areas to hunt or not. Heck, ask some farmers for permission. Keep checking around. Sure someone will scratch your back, and by all means return the favor. Be it some money, some meat you harvested or help on the farm.

I would say your best bet these days is Public Land, especially if you hunt with a rifle! Believe me Public Land can be a great place to hunt. Just have to go deep in there and find where they live!!:wink:

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    only 3% of my state is public land, but i fill the freezer every year. it just takes a lot more effort. you have to put your work in to get anything out of it. the private land around here is way over my head ($) to hunt, but those folks gotta pay the bills too. get on public land now and do some scouting if you want to be effective. good luck to you!

6. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    I do not know how far east you are but Fort Campbell offers some awesome hunting they average 800-1000 deer annually and get alot of Boone and Crocket deer

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    If you are asking land owners, I've found that making up some cards to give them with your picture, name, address, and phone # on it can help. Good luck!