looking for a place to hunt prarie dogs east tx or east ok

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by BLKCLOUD, Dec 8, 2005.

1. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    If you know of a place a buddy and I may be able to got shoot a few hundred of these this spring please let me know.. looking at east tx or east ok..i'm in tennessee and like everone else dont have alot of time to spend traveling..thanks!!

2. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    BLKCLOUD, not too many prarie dog to hunt here in eastern Oklahoma. Everyone here head out towards the panhandle for that kind of shooting. If you head out west i heard that alot of ammo is needed. but a couple of yrs ago a massive plague about wiped out the prarie dogs. will check with a guy i work with for more info as he is an avid varmint hunter.

3. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    thanks, I didnt know that!!

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I was going back in the spring to the panhandle of Ok to shoot some. But did not work out. The buddy that I was going with. Got someone else to go as I could not. Sure glad I did not make the trip.
    Between the plague and the ranchers putting out poision. They did not even unload there guns..
    Pete

5. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    BLKCLOUD you may also want to try western kansas and sotheastern colorado you may have have a bit of luck out that way.