Looking for a place to go

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by ps72103, Feb 17, 2007.

1. ps72103

ps72103 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I live outside Little Rock and am looking for some places to catch big cats. i have a 16 ft flatbotom with a 25hp moter. if any one can help i will be thankfull.:0a22:

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Paul, The Arkansas river has some nice size cats. Just like anything that has lived long enough to get big, they are smart, work must be put in to catch the big ones, they are in the river. Remember big bait=big fish.

3. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    [​IMG]

Don't forget Conway ,this string of cats came from there several years ago.
    Maumelle Lake has some big cats also.
    Most of the larger bodies of water have some good cats here in Arkansas.
    The Arkansas River probably has the most biguns with the easiest access.

4. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Welcome to BOC Paul. Arkansas River has some big ones in it.

5. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    The one in my avatar was caught below Murry lock and dam before the hydro plant was installed.
    If your intrested in numbers of fish with the chance to catch a good one check out Nimrod lake. We catch a few good ones each year with hundreds of 1 to 8 lbers on a rod and reel. The post spawn Channel Cats are easy to bait into an area. No problem most days on Nimrod for everyone to limit out over baited holes during the post spawn.:big_smile:

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, Paul! I live in SWLR, so maybe we can get together some cold/rainy day for coffee, lunch, or whatever. What kind of cats are you after, and how do you like to fish for them?

7. ps72103

ps72103 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Thanks guys that helps out a lot. I just started fishing for cats agen i used to fish them alot growing up. And as for which ones i like flatheads they fight great. Dos any one go hoging or as iv heard it called down here noodleing.:0a22:

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I like my hand. I do not have the desire to fish like that.

9. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I could say that I've got too much respect for my body parts to noodle, but the fact is, I'm just to scared of grabbing hold of a snake or turtle. A few years back, a guy caught a 125# snapping turtle up at Piney Bay; that dude would take your whole hand off at the wrist.
    I don't target flatheads much, but from what I've been told, when they start spawning, they will run back up into both the Big & Little Maumelle Rivers to where the cypress trees are. Blues are further down toward the Arkansas River.

10. ps72103

ps72103 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    its been about ten years the last time i noodled. flatheads arnt the only ones i like its just i think they are the best fighters, but i also go after blue and chanel cats as well. and i use cut bait some times but mostly homemade stink bait. p.s. jerry we will have to meet up for coffe sometime :0a22:

11. KGK20

KGK20 New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    aisnt any thing better than hogin they just started it last year in mo

12. Angler Management

Angler Management New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I just can't see sticking my hand in something that's regularly eating things of that size! Noodlin's not for me. I was asked to go with some guys while on a turkey hunt near the Missouri. I politely declined.

13. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    We've had good success jugging from Toadsuck down toward Little Rock.

14. ps72103

ps72103 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I went trout fishing sunday and didint have any luck waters still just to cold for me.

15. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Hey Bro welcome to the Boc