Looking for a place to 4X4 around North Central OK

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by NRA_Guns_Winner, Nov 14, 2009.

1. NRA_Guns_Winner

NRA_Guns_Winner New Member

State:
    kansas/Oklahoma
    I live in Wichita, KS and travel to Tulsa a few times a year. I'm on the look out for a place to try to get my 4X4 dirty with out getting the law called. I've google and found a few public places. I'm just hoping theirs a few small old farm roads or river fords etc I could go check out when I have nothing better to do. Thanks

2. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    the best place for you would be to go to south grand lake below the dam, several of the best 4x4 places in northeast oklahoma

3. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Matt's right......You will have tons of area to ride in there!

I took my Honda 4 wheeler in there this year and went around and around for hours and never covered all of it!

Its good for any 4 wheeler though......Jeeps or whatever!

4. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    Yep, south east side of Grand Lake dam (Pensacola) has a lot of rock crawling areas and trails that meander up, down and around the hills just south of the damn.

Q

5. coyote

coyote New Member

State:
    Verdigris, Ok
    You can also ride below the dam at Hudson but not nearly as much area as Grand.

6. NRA_Guns_Winner

NRA_Guns_Winner New Member

State:
    kansas/Oklahoma
    Thank you, I'll book mark those places, Grand is a yearly trip, I snag spoonbill in the Maimi area yearly around spring break. I'll have to detour this year to grand. Sounds like a fun weekend.

7. simpleokie

simpleokie New Member

State:
    Okla.
    Chandler has an off road area for rock crawling and some mud. Chandler is inbetween Tulsa and OKC. Has a couple of areas that will freak you out. Its in the area of an old amusment park and you can see the old wood roller coaster track around.