Looking for a new spot with lakeside camping

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Kevin N, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Kevin N

Kevin N Member

State:
    Georga
    Name:
    Kevin
    we like i have posted just spent 3 nights at canyon lake with good results but my wife would like to find a lake in the mountans i want to be able to put the tent next to the water for night fishing does anyone know of a lake that has lakeside camping everyone i have talked to said the lakes they know of camping is not on the lake.wife want to camp somewhere where we can get out of the 100 heat on ocation . we have tryed canyon,appachee,barttlet,and have been to rosivelt once by the dirversion dam as lakes go we have also tryed bullhead, havisue,and parker all rivers with no luck at all the river camp sites just bad timeing on the fishing part but liked the camp grounds on river with nice campground aminities

2. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    Well if you want to camp by the water and only catch cats,its kinda hard to do in the cooler temp places.If you dont mind trout fishing,there are some great places to camp and fish in the wht. mnts.Big lake,lake mary,black river(this place has cats and lots of smallies),luna lake or hawley lake are all good places to camp and cool off,by the water!! Also camp verde has some decent spots to camp and catch cats and bass.Also the upper salt before rosey is a good spot,not always cool temps,but nice remote camping there.Anyway,good luck!!!Oh yea,fathers day weekend we are camping on the rim,and doing some trout fishing.If you guys are interested,let me know!!

3. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Cat Hunter~ What lake do you fish on the rim? I usualy go to BlackCanyon. The trout are small, but there usualy is not a lot of people.

4. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    If you've got a kayak or a small boat my favorite place is Blue Ridge Reservoir. It's beautiful and very peaceful. It's a very deep reservoir and in my opinion one of the pretiest in the state.
    Good Luck fishing

Micah

5. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    I like knoll for some BIG browns and less crowds!!Blue ridge in a boat is great too!The river behind the dam at blue ridge can be a good brown spot as well!We are going up this fri. till sunday.I think we may do willow springs or maybe big lake as we have a couple kids going with us.If anyone else wants to go,let me know.