Looking for a new spot to try

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Rich.Carpenter, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Rich.Carpenter

Rich.Carpenter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Anything within a 60/80-mile radius in the central Indiana area? I bank fish and often at night, so I'd prefer a location that's no more dangerous than most. The only place near my house that I can get decent access to White River is a public park that closes at sunset.

I've caught many channel cats over the years, but I don't believe I've ever landed a blue or flat. I'd like to try someplace out that provides a fair enough chance of that.

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    try over west in the wabash river or a decent size tributary of it. im too far north to give you any specifics.

3. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I remember seeing a spot on the E Fork White River that has an EZ pulloff in Jackson Co, but I don't know if it is public or private.

4. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    where at specifically are you located at? that might be a little more useful than just central indiana......because there are many lakes and tributaries in the state that produce big cats as well.....

5. Rich.Carpenter

State:
    Indiana
    I live in Fishers, just 2-miles NE of Indy. There are plenty of places to fish, but when you're limited to bank fishing, that really narrows it down.

6. liplifter

liplifter New Member

State:
    indiana
    Jigging the rocks below the dam in broadripple is way overlooked

7. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    plenty of bank fishing in terre haute on 40 bridge on wabash , or on levee on west bank down by 70 bridge, montezuma has plenty of area for bank fishing, clinton has nice area for bank fishing on wabash. on white 39 bridge off of 67 and then you have lil mexico on 67 big pull off , henderson ford ramp has trails back to sand bars , paragon ramp has trails and a couple of old roads lead back to the river, gosport has a couple areas they,ll let you fish if you ask permission it,s right by the bridge down to the rail road bridge. spencer park has big area for bank fishing i hope this helps you????

8. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    i fish little mexico and other places in centeral indy :wink::wink: some are secert place tho

9. Rich.Carpenter

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks, Brian. That a good list of spots I'm gonna have to map out and try. Thanks! :0a31:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  10. Rich.Carpenter

State:
    Indiana
    Boooo!!! Help a brother out, will ya'?? :0a35:

I'd gladly take anyone with me anyplace I go. Of course, I don't know of that many spots, but still... :big_smile:

11. catdaddychad

catdaddychad New Member

State:
    indiana
    come up north sometime and i'll take you out to some of my favorite holes.

12. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    :smile2::smile2: i know the spots thhdfatboy 29 talking bout anytime we can try to fish

13. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I would try Monroe for a big flatties. A big bluegill around a downed tree will almost always get bit. If you wanna drive down to Rising Sun sometime I'll take ya out on the Ohio in my boat and we can go after some flats or blues, or both.

14. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good ole fishers. I know that area very well. I used to date a girl back in High School who went to Hamilton Southeastern...... Go to geist reservoir and fish the old road that got flooded when they made the lake. I remember my exs dad fishing there and catching a lot of nice cats. Another spot to try is in downtown indy.....Im trying to remember the exit but its on I70 i think 117....When i drove a semi for werner enterprises we had a terminal over that way....its down by solo truck lines....but if your on that road you will see the white river and a bridge that crosses with a lot of bank fishing. i know when i was layed over in indy for a weekend me and a few other drivers would drive down there and fish off that bank and we caught a few nice flats there. ill try to find the directions how to get there...im pretty sure its 117. or maybe 119....ill find out for sure. but if you get off at the right exit you cant miss the bridge. or you might wanna try over in the mooresville area. i know of guys who do real well there.....And one more place is eagle creek reservoir.....i know a few guys i used to work with in cincy who fished there years ago say they used to catch a bunch of big cats out of that place....i hope ive been of some help......whenever i was up there to see my girlfriend i always just fished in their farm pond so i never fished anywhere up there much. but like skimax said...make the trip to monroe. dad caught a bunch of nice cats there just a few weeks ago while on vacation. and while ur there throw out a minnow on bobber and catch the daylights out of the billion crappie in that lake.

15. Rich.Carpenter

State:
    Indiana
    How far north, Chad?

16. catdaddychad

catdaddychad New Member

State:
    indiana
    I live in kendallville. just north of ft. wayne