Looking for a new rod - nice heavy action rod, cork handle w/trigger, 7 to 8 foot.

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by smoothkip25, Oct 27, 2008.

1. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    My girlfriend just got me a new 6500 bluecat, looking for a nice heavy action rod, cork handle w/trigger, 7 to 8 foot. Anyone have any suggestions? Around 50 to 100 bucks! Thanks

2. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    DICKS Sporting goods..St Croix. Nice rods ,,might have a Hvy 7-8" for around 130. Maybe cheaper... :cool2:

3. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    try quantum big cat 7'10 -55.00 ihave 2 of them i like them:wink:

4. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Where can i get them at mankind?

5. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    some gander mountains have them and some local baitshops usually have them. sometimes cabelas has them too.

6. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Are they 1 or 2 piece rods?

7. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I like the Tiger ugly stick or the American Rodsmith hammer both to me are good rods and both around 55.00 and one piece. hope this helps

8. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I really like the new Shimano's. I just picked up an 8' rod for my baitrunner and I can cast it a mile. Ever since Shimano bought out G-lumis, They are using there technoligy on there own rods. I got mine for $110. They have all shapes and sizes.

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Try a Daiwa Beefstick 7' Heavy action 1 piece. They are some of the stoutest rods I've ever used. They'll handle anything in freshwater for sure! Mankind saw them and liked them also. Not sure how much they are, probably not over $30-40. I got a deal on mine, 2 for $30..:wink:

10. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Fin Feather and Fur. Just east of 71 at Ashland Ohio exit has a good selection off rods that will fit your needs.

11. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have a 6600 i wont to try teamcatfish one half ton rod they look real good they have avedio you can watch. They are real litde but tough as can be. thanks Sam Davis

12. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
  13. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    UGLY STIK TIGER. BLACK AND BLUE CUSTOM. CATFISH SAFARI. NEED I SAY MORE.

14. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    For the price, you cannot go wrong with CatfishSafari rods. they are awesome rods.

15. I suggest a Catfish Safari rod.
    They do not have a trigger or cork handle but rather use a Cord grip and the poles are Awesome.

sTRICTLY Catfish

16. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
  17. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Get an American Spirit Nite Stick Pro Model 7'6" rod. They are 45 bucks and they will reel in anything you are going to hook. They don't have stainless guides, but hey, just don't use your rods for walking on and regular ceramic insert guides work just fine (never understood that whole concept anyway). They work great for circle hooks as well as J-hooks and I've thrown up to 8oz weights and big pieces of bait with them. Just a really, really good rod. They also have the cork handle and trigger on them:wink:

18. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    Iwould also suggest catfish safari rods. There sevral different options to choose from . There is a link for steves rods on the home page of the boc site. :smile2:

19. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I bought the same reel your talking about and put it on a Catfish Safari Flathead rod with 80lbs. Power Pro line it's easily my favorite pole that I use now. As for the quality the guides are all stainless and if your using braided line that's real important. It does not have a trigger like you asked for and the handle has a para cord not cork. I wasn't sure how I would like it at first, but can tell you that I absolutely love it now and would rather have it over any cork or foam handle. For under $100.00 you don't get any better rod in my opinion.

20. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    catfish connection:roll_eyes: one piece