Looking for a new deer rifle

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by spcmitchell28, Jan 9, 2009.

1. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    I am looking to buy a new deer rifle. I think I have lowered my choices down to the TC Encore, or the Remington 7600. Either one will be in 30/06. I was just trying to see what everyone's thoughts are on which one is a better buy. I deer hunt in mainly hard timber and any shots made will be 150yds or less, so I will want to have iron sights with possibly a high mounted scope. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Though I dont use the 06,both are great chioces,I have a trusty remington that I bought new,It still drives nails. The Encore tho,man what endless possibilities,You ever get a want for another cal. just switch barrels and your good to go. Thats a very hard decsion. I think if I were in your shoes,the encore would be my choice.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I got a buddie who shoots a browning lever action with iron sights. It's a sweet timber gun.

4. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    If you dont mind having one shot the Encore is the way to go! I wish I hadnt got rid of mind!:sad2:

5. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    Yeah I was kinda leaning towards the Encore, but I dont know if I would really buy any more barrels to it. To me a 30/06 is my choice caliber for Missouri Whitetails. I also liked the Remington though, because I have always liked their products, and the 7600 is suppose to be the rifle version of the 870 which I love.

6. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    I went by a gun shop today, and looked at both of the guns. I think I am going to have to go with the 7600. The Encore is a great looking gun, but I cant get over how it feels awkward when I shoulder it. I just think it feels to much like a bb gun, instead of a full size rifle. lol