Looking for a new boat any suggestions

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by bullydog, Jun 5, 2009.

1. bullydog

bullydog New Member

State:
    VA
    I like the idea of a 2072 grizzly any suggestions.
    Ive had a pontoon for claytor and a proguide v16 and a 16 foot alumacraft for the lower new river. None suited me to well. I go to Santee Cooper about once a year.

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Forget the Grizzly. They may have fixed the cracking issues with the welds but I'm not sure.

For value retention (re-sale value) go with SeaArk, can't go wrong. Thier 2072's will blow away the Grizzly's and they'll hold their value much better. You don't see folks fighting over a used Grizzly but a used SeaArk is hard to come by.

3. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Noticed you are a new member. Good stuff here. I bought a used 20 foot Lund Alaskan. Hull has a lifetime guarantee. Its a v and cuts the water like a knife. Rides great in the chop. I fish for Spanish Mackeral in the Bay off of Gwynns Island in the summer. She does fine in two footers or less. Any more than that, its a wet ride. Tough as nails boat. Sea Arks are fantastic also. Good luck and again,,,welcome to the BOC.

4. bullydog

bullydog New Member

State:
    VA
    Im running alot of shallow ledges , so i definatly want a flat bottom with a jet

5. bullydog

bullydog New Member

State:
    VA
    Well I bought a 1754 with a 60/45 jet. I might move up to a 2072 next year.