Looking for a jon boat...

Discussion in 'Boating' started by cincycatman, Dec 26, 2006.

1. cincycatman

cincycatman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm currently in the market for a used jon boat preferably with a good working motor and trailer. I'm lookin to keep it under a $1000 and would like a 3 man capacity and obviously in good working order. I really like the Crestliner, Lowe and Tracker Topper models but will consider all. I'm located in Cincinnati so farther than 200-300 miles away I'm not really interested... If anyone has one they'd be willing to sell let me know.

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    good luck finding what you want , il keep my eyes open . sometimes i come across v-hulls in that price range .

i went as far as tennessee for mine but it was well worth it .

you might check your local boat mechanics they some times have good used boats.

by the way welcome to the boc and fill out that info and join in the fun

3. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    welcome to the BOC keep pluggin away

4. cincycatman

cincycatman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well thanks guys but I'm actually not new to the BOC, just to the new site... I was a member way back when it was under the www.brotherhood-of-catfisherman.com domain before it switched over to under catfish1.com domain but thanks anyways, I've been doing a lot of searching on the internet without much luck, looks like I might just be going with buying a new jon boat and trying to pick up a used outboard.. that seems like it'd be a lil easier... I missed out on a good deal on EBay today of a 14 ft. aluminum gamefinder with a 5 hp johnson, minn kota trolling motor and trailer for a buy it now $600... when I got home from work I'd decided I'd get it and it was already sold!! but let me know if you all find anything..

5. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    Have you checked the BOC member sales?

Welcome to the BOC.

6. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    Keep checking the newspapers (classified section), of the bigger towns or cities in your area. Seems every week there is a new add for used boats in our local. Then you can go see what they look like, maybe even try one out before you buy. Be patient and one will come up before spring and be very close to what you want. When you buy a used boat the seller often thows in many extras like cushions, presservers, anchers, rope, extinguisher, oars, paddles, etc. etc. etc. The internet is sort of a blind buy in my opinion.

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thanks brad for getting that info up so quick , i may know a place that has some good used boats . theres a shop in wesport , ky they had several used flats back in the fall of this year and a few v's all in the 1000 to 1500 range with good motors and like new trailers , 1st chance i get il see what they got

8. cincycatman

cincycatman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yea I picked up a Trading Post and Boat and RV trader today and found a couple different ads that looked promising but I'll have to check out that boat dealer you mentioned in KY, maybe they have a website... Also the Cincinnati boat and travel show is the first week in January so hopefully I can find a deal there, the vendors are always known to give out really good deals and bargain with you on prices so maybe I can get a good deal there... just really wanna get one before my fishing trip to Canada this summer with some friends, boat rentals for a week are usually around $300-$400..

9. cincycatman

cincycatman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    and maybe I'm just dumb but I can't seem to find the member sales page... I'll keep lookin but can someone drop a link?

10. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    I'll be taking flyers around to some marina this week I will see if there are any around Maryland here if that helps

11. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Not dumb, just blind.:wink:

Look at the top of this page, beneath where it says, "Welcome, cincycatman".

12. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Here you go. LINK

_

13. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Here ya go Brad.:big_smile: The link is located on your tool bar Member Sale(s) $$$

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/pp-classifieds/

14. cincycatman

cincycatman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanks fellas, couple in there I'm lookin at... found out my Grandpa still has his Jon boat sittin in storage at his cousins in a barn covered up... been workin on him for years to give it to me and now Grandma is workin on him to give it up for my birthday.... you know how them old fisherman are with their equipment, don't wanna give nothin up even when they haven't used it for 10 years and never will again... fortunately Grandma's got him wrapped around her finger so maybe she can pull this one off for me! thanks for all your help tho fellows, I've got a lot more places to keep lookin now...