Looking for a GPS

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by Jimmy Don, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I am looking for a GPS to use mainly on my boat. I am looking at the Lowrance XOG.

I was wondering if anyone on the site has any experience with this model and what you think.

I really like the idea of one device that I can use in my car or my boat, and I also know that generally the more a different things a device does the less it does any one of them really well, I've read some good reviews with the most common problem being battery life. This can be resolved by installing a 12 volt cig. lighter outlet.

Here is a link to it at Cabelas if you want to look for yourself.
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...50105&cm_ite=0050411019451a&_requestid=143483

Thanks for any input.

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Hummingbird has a good built-in GPS, in their units. I am sure the others do also.

3. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jimmy I'm looking to put the Lowarance m68c on my boat as soon as I can locate one in stock at a store. I want a unit that is all in one, a great fish finder and a great GPS too. I have a Lowarance X52 right now and a Magellan hand held GPS that I use. Now the Magellan is a super tool that I use all the time when hunting but I froget to throw it in the boat when I really need the thing. The lowarance x 52 is super too. The m68c is supposed to be both in one. $399 retail and have found it for $379 mailed to the house online. Any way thats the way i'm going to go just to keep it all in one unit in the boat. The dash of the 16' g-3 fills up quick so room is also a issue for me.

4. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i have a new lms 480 lowrance with gps for sale used 3 times