Looking for a good used boat

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by meat_hunter, Jun 10, 2006.

1. meat_hunter

meat_hunter New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    does anyone know where i might be able to find a good used boat or a dealership in missouri. preferably a pontoon boat.
    thanks james

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    They are out there, you just gotta look. My friend, Fuzz Face, just picked up an 18' I/O, dual axel trailer, and all the paraphanelia... for free. Guy couldn't get it to run and just up and gave it to him. We had a 140 mile road trip to go get it, which was yesterday. Put a new light set and wires on the trailer. It had 3 real good tires, and 1 tire had a boot. Spare wasn't much, but made the whole trip without blowing. Replaced all wheel bearings as the trailer has set for over 5 years without use. Two of the wheels were frozen on the hub but we got them off and put a bunch of emery paper on the axels. Total expense, other that gas, was about $140.00 for a fairly decent boat.

He also has another boat he got a deal on. 16 or 17 foot phantom with a 70HP Evinrude on it. Motor ran ragged as all get out, but he has it purring now. Good trailer with the boat. He also got a 12' aluminium deep "V" with a tilt trailer. Got the boat on a private pond and he gave me the trailer. His total cost for the two boats - $1500.00.

So, they are there. You just have to find them and take advantage of the situation when you do.

3. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    there was some on ebay last time i looked. Just look before you buy.

4. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    try www.kcsar.com then go to classifieds. I have seen some real bargains there.