Looking for a good dipworm

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by gratefuljed13, Mar 26, 2008.

1. gratefuljed13

gratefuljed13 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    With so many options available for dipbait. Which one works best?

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Look no further.
    The Looper rigs by our very own Looper are all you need. Check the sponsor list
    ...W

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Winston has told you correctly. The Looper Rig is the best by far.

4. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i like super seven catfish connection sells it i bought 2 jars and i caught
    about 20 fish with each and a couple that where about 10lbs

5. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Yep they are correct! They arent any better rig out there. Ive tried the regular and treble style and they both work great!

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Jed,

You got to go with the "Looper Rig". :0a23:

The "Looper Rig" is (Hands Down) the best thing going on the market today for Dipbait.
    (Trust me on this one)
    :wink:

7. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Dip bait / Punch bait / Blood bait... No one make's a BETTER rig than Looper rig .....Hands down nobody has a dip bait rig that will hold as much bait or hold bait for as long as the LOOPER RIG does !!!!

8. jde512

jde512 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I'll have to check that out. Sounds like convincing testimony.

9. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    I know that you have already heard it but I was one of the earlier testers of the Looper rigs and have found that the consistancy of your bait makes all the difference in the world of which one you want to use next up I would like to say they actually are the best "stink bait" rigs on the market.

10. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    just got my looper rigs, haven't tried them yet, but I agree they look like the best rig out there. Now if I have a little time to use them I will post the results..oh yeah, I plan on using them w/secret 7 also that I just got

11. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Thanks for the good word on the looks of the rig, Jeff sent me some of the secert 7 bait last year you'll like it. It did as good if not better than Sonny's here.
    Loop

12. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    From all the hype about looper rigs, I would say that's the way to go. I used the Cat-Tracker Tubie worms in different colors with great results. The only setback is you have to rebait every 15 to 30 minutes depending on the water current. Also the trick to using the worms is making sure that the worm is completely dry when using the dip-bait. Make sure to dip the worm in the water before casting to, because this helps lock the bait on to the worm.

I'm going to buy some of these looper rigs and check them out for myself. Sounds like a sure winner to me!!:big_smile::big_smile:

13. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    I use looper rigs with cattracker wicked sticky. works real good even in heavy current

14. STALLIONDUCK

STALLIONDUCK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    if you want a way to make dip bait worms here are the steps
    1: get your supplies (medical tubing, treble hooks depending on size of fish you usually catch, line)
    2:cut little circles in the tubing not too many but not too less
    3:tye a 6 inch leader to the hook and slide it thru your worm and dip in some dip bait and your set.
    but a 3 foot peice of tubing and a pack of treble hooks cost less than buying dip worms every so often

15. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Looper rigs are the best... Not only do they hold the bait the best, but You can get them in treble, circle, or kahle... Much nicer than just getting stuck with always using trebles..

16. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Used the looper rigs w/secret seven and it worked real good

17. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I think it might vary with the situation. I use Loopers when fishing in current, but normally fish a lake with no current and don't have a problem keeping bait on my dip worm. In fact I catch weeds so often that need to be cleaned off the rig that I am rebaiting quite a bit. It has been said, but it is very important that the dip worm is dry when rebaiting, I use toilet paper to clean up and dry the worm. Lately I have been using Catfish Dynamite worms by Strike King, but found that most of the brands work fairly well for me as long as they are red, which I have found works better than other colors in this particular lake. Also, I remove the treble hook and very short leader from the dip worm and tie on a 4/0 Gamakatsu octopus circle hook, plus with a longer leader since for this lake I don't have to use a slip sinker.

18. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Looper Rigs combined with Team Catfish Secret 7 or Sonnys Blood Formula, thats all you need to produce a ton of cats.

19. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    With the choice of dip bait, you'll have to find what works in your location, and moving to another lake or river may require trying different things. I have tried several and in my lake Sonny's Original outperforms Sonny's Blood side by side. In a nearby lake they won't touch Sonny's. I will have to try the Secret 7, but it would have to do better than great (like Sonny's does in my particular lake), which is a tall order to fill. It gets good recommendations here, like Danny King's used to on this site.

Try several kinds of dip worms too, and colors, and find what suits your situation. Looper rigs are definately among the best.

20. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    I want to thank you all for the good hype on the rigs, Also just wanted to say DUE TO THE ICE STROM I have been without power for a week now just got back power and on line today, so needless to say all orders will be delaid a week at least.
    Loop