Looking for a fishing trip KC area week of July 27th

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by SkipEye, Jul 22, 2009.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hey KC guys. I am most likely going to a 3 day school in KC next week Tues-Wed-Thurs. I'd sure like to hit the river on at least one evening if possible.

My 24 year old daughter lives there also and I'd really like to get her and hubby out one night for a trip if it fits in their schedule, so a BIG boat would be good. I won't fish if they get to go as they NEVER hardly get out. (I'll ride as a passenger I mean)

Might take a days vacation or so while I am there if the boss okays it.

Give me a holler.

Thanks a million Westies!!!!!:big_smile:

EDIT: I'll chip in for gas, food, ramp fees of course, and return the favor if you travel to St. Louie!!!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Might as well have the boss set up some training in the Kerr area were over-loaded with 20/72's around here....:tounge_out: and be glad to have ya:big_smile:

3. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Heading that way again in September.:eek:oooh:

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Good to hear....Just let us know..Too bad ya cant arrange one in say Dec, Jan or Feb....when the big ones are more cooperative:cool2:

5. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Ok, boss says it's a "GO".

Now it seems a few more details are in order.

I am staying near the SouthEast corner of KC INT'L Airport on 101st Terrace, in KC, MO.

I have no clue who is where or how far away the fishing is, but if that area works out for someone I would appreciate. Have a couple guys working on it so far but not sure what part of town they are in.

6. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    You'll only be 15 minutes from a couple of different ramps on the Mo, 30 from where I put in at. My offer's good, but like I said, I can only comfortably take one person, so the daughter and hubby would have to sit that one out. Still waiting on a response from Andrew...

7. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Just sent a PM, the airport can be on my way to Kaw Point or if you have a rental car it's 45 minutes from Cooley where I usually put in:big_smile:

8. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Okay COOL!

I don't know daughters schedule yet but I believe she is working evenings with a flexible schedule of sorts. So, basically I will have at least a few nights to fish alone.

No since mucking things up just yet until I know my daughters schedule but I'd like to fish as much as my time allows with a few different folks.

Doug and Brandon, looking forward to working something out.:big_smile:

9. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I could probably do something as well I live just south of the airport in parkville. So your hotel/motel is like 10 min away. If one of the others don't work out just let me know. I'm game to do just about anything.

10. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
  11. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Skip. I'll be out at least a couple of nights next week with room for 1.

12. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I can't fish ALL NIGHT now Gary!:smile2: Am there to work you know.:eek:oooh:

13. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    PM Sent Gary.

Just joking around above (sort of). LMAO!!!! I know how you like to pull those all-nighters. I'll be climbing towers all week and need a little bit of rest!:eek:oooh:

14. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Hey skip, the bow deck of Gary's boat is surprisingly comfortable - you could catch a good night's rest and be at work in the AM no problem. :smile2: You'd probably fit up there a little better than I did, too

Hey Gary, if you still have an open seat one night next week and want some company give me a shout.

15. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Update: Daughters schedule nailed down and they have Wed and Thur evening available. Still looking for a few hour outing to get them on the water if someone has a big enough boat. I won't fish which frees up a little bit of room.:wink:

Fishing with Chapman on Monday.

Brandon, I'll give you a ring about Tues night if this old man isn't dragging after a 4 hour drive to KC, fishing with Doug, then climbing towers all day Tuesday.:embarassed: Or possibly you can fit us all in for Wed/Thurs guided trip????

Sorry for Mooching rides.:tounge_out:

16. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Skip, I should be able to accommodate any of those days (Tues, Wed, Thurs) as well as the weekend. One of the nice things about a bare bones 20' boat, plenty of space for everyone:big_smile:

Just let me know what day(s) work best for y'all and I'll do my best to have bait caught and everything ready to go. If your daughter and her husband want to fish I'll throw my rods in and we'll both just play guide and deck hand:wink: If they don't want to fish, I'll have the boat clean and we can just go for a river tour of KC.

One word of warning - Das Boot at it's cleanest is probably still dirtier than the Sass at it's worst - old clothes are advised:smile2:

17. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    That would be super cool. Oh yeah......they want to get hold of a big ole CAT. I'll give you a holler later today. :)

18. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Skip, Just holler if I can do anything to help. I'm not adverse to knocking off before 10:00pm now and then. 3 people total is about my boat's limit though.

Branden, Thanks again for the help with the tire this morning. We still need to get together and fish one of these nights soon.

19. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    We'll do it Gary - I meant to hit you up about it this morning but between being dog tired and all of us fooling with the tire I forgot to do it:big_smile:

Skip, shoot, if you want a roomy boat, I've got a slight edge on Gary but if you want somebody to find you big fish, then Gary is probably your man:smile2:

Although Chapman's been awful quiet this year, he's probably due to stick a monster:wink:

20. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Going to give it my best shot this afternoon and evening!:cool2: Might even let Skipeye reel one in...