Looking For a Fishing Spot

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by crowbar, Nov 18, 2008.

1. crowbar

crowbar New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I am going to be in the Weatherford area over the Christmas holidays, and wondering if there are any places I could take grandkids fishing that is relatively close. I have heard about Lake Weatherford and also a State park in Mineral Wells. Is there any decent fishing at either of these locations during the winter months? Any other locations close to Weatherford that might offer some fishing for younger kids?

2. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Don't know aboutthose places. However,you won't be far from the brazos river. Good fishing if the water is up.

3. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hi Bill! I am not familiar with that area but I did look it up using google earth there are a few bodies of water very near there so at least you can wet a line. I am sure someone around here is familiar with the area that can point you in the right direction. Good luck!

4. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    We are camping at Mineral Wells State park next week for the holidays... The state park lake, according to the Texas parks and wildlife dept, has excellent catfish, crappie and sunfish, and good bass fishing... I'll let you know on the catfish after I get back. Possum Kingdom is close by, but I have never fished it. I understand it's a good catfish lake. Lake Granbury and Eagle Mountain Lake are also in the area, but I haven't fished them either. You certainly have options, but other than the state park lake, I haven't fished them.

I know that Mineral Wells has several fishing piers, so that might be the place to try with the little ones....

Enjoy your visit.

5. crowbar

crowbar New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks for the info guys. I think the state park with the piers sounds like a winner with small kids. I am going to be giving them some equipment as Christmas presents, so of course I need a place to let them try out the new toys.