Looking for a fishing partner

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by slipbobber, Apr 17, 2007.

1. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    any Winchester/ Lexington anglers out there. just moved from WV need some places to fish.....HELP

2. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Hey, man! I like to fish at the Kentucky River. I go through Winchester and fish by Boonesboro park. I have fished there about 5 or 6 times last year. I caught quite a few Flatheads and Channel cats. The biggest being around 5 lbs. I never went at night but I am going to try it soon. They say the river is rolling right now, though. Hope that helps!

3. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i live in wichester been there to the dam once and looked at it... looks nice..any skip jack run there in the current...

4. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I am not really sure on the skipjack but I would say there would be a few. Do you use bluegills to fish with any?

5. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    yeah use them... would rather have some skips though or some shad.... skips are like the best cat cut bait there is.

6. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I am going to try to go to the Kentucky River this Weekend. My daughter and I are going and maybe another person or two. I hope to catch a 10 lber or better. I would be very tickled with that.