Looking for a Fishing Buddy

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by jkruer01, Jun 26, 2008.

1. jkruer01

jkruer01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey Everyone,

I am looking for someone to go fishing with near the Shelbyville/Louisville area. The three main places I can think of are Guist Creek, Taylorsville Lake, and the Ohio River near Louisville.

If anyone would be willing to help out a catfish newbie I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
    Jeremy

2. Kmann

Kmann New Member

State:
    Crestwood, Kent
    That makes two big catfish newbies, I am far from a fishing newbie, but never went after the bigguns. I live in Oldham County and I can always use a fishin partner. I take my two kids but sometimes they don't want to go. Drop me a line

3. Ruger 454

Ruger 454 Member

State:
    LaGrange Kentucky
    Hey Jeremy & Kevin welcome to the site,I am still learning how to fish the Ohio myself.I launch my boat from westport so if one of you want to get out on the river sometime give me a pm and we can give it a shot.

4. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I could always use a buddy myself Hoosier here don't hold it against me for liking the sunny side of Louisville.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the boc, there are a great deal of members in that area. I would try to contact the riverrat.... (and some numbers, I forget) or the louisvillerider for help on the Ohio

6. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I haven't seen Louisvillerider on in a long time.

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC

8. jkruer01

jkruer01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks everybody. Glad to see there are so many catfisherman in the area. It should be fairly easy to find someone then.

Thanks,
    Jeremy

9. Scorpion

Scorpion New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    We are having a small informal get togeather (sp) tonight at the salt river boat ramp in West Point. There will be people fishing from boats and the bank, and a small pot for biggest fish maybe:wink:. Please join us the more the better.

Jim:tounge_out:

10. jkruer01

jkruer01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey Jim,

I saw that. I really wish I could make it out there tonight. Unfortunately I'm leaving this afternoon to head down to Dale Hollow Lake for the weekend.

Hopefully you guys will have another one in a couple weeks and I can go then.

Thanks!
    Jeremy

11. Kmann

Kmann New Member

State:
    Crestwood, Kent
    I Live in between LaGrange and Crestwood off of 2856, how would I get there from LaGrange for the get together.

12. Kmann

Kmann New Member

State:
    Crestwood, Kent
    Oh and by the way, I am a true Hoosier, Just a Ky transplant, but I do love it here too.

13. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i live 3 min away from franklin?

14. catsey

catsey New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    :cool2:HELLO ALEX. YOUR POST SAID THAT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR FISHING BUDDIES. THERE ARE SERVERAL OF US THAT FISH SOUTH OF LOUISVILLE,AT WEST POINT ON THE SALT/OHIO ,AND THE BRANDENBURG AREA. LAST FRIDAY,AT WEST POINT WE GRILLED SOME BURGERS/PUT OUT SOME JUGS AND STARTED TO FISH AT DARK AND A HUGE WIND STORM CAME UP FAST. WE WERENT FAR FROM THE RAMP,BUT WE GOT TOTALLY SOAKED.OH WELL.:wink: LET US KNOW WHEN YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET TOGETHER . CALL ME IF YOU WANT. JIM 270 547-2579

15. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    I live in Louisville in the East End and although I haven't been on here for a minute, I'm out fishing pretty regularly. I would be up for a night trip to Guist Creek sometime. I've night fished from the bank there before and had a great time! (I don't have a boat, or I would've been out on the water. ha!)

Just let me know.

--Brando

16. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Hi, I'm David from New Albany. I'm also interested in finding a fishing buddy. I have licenses for both IN/KY. I'll be busy this weekend the 1st.
    Write me & we can exchange more information.

17. catsey

catsey New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    HI:big_smile:I TRY AND FISH A COUPLE TIMES A WEEK FROM BRANDENBURG OR WEST PORT. USUALLY WE CATCH FISH. IF YOU WANT TO GET TOGETHER,LET ME KNOW. JIM 270 547-2579

18. Kmann

Kmann New Member

State:
    Crestwood, Kent
    I have been meaning to hit westport but haven't got around to it, I only live about 20 min from there in Crestwood

19. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Jeremy, welcome to the B.O.C.,best catfishing community on the planet.

just hang out here for awhile and I'd bet you will have a new personal best (PB), before the year is out.

20. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I've got 2 Bluegill heads if you'r interested in fishing on 8/16.