looking for a fishing buddy

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Zach Davis, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Zach Davis

Zach Davis New Member

Name:
    Zach
    Looking for someone to help me out on the Missouri river. Ever since I was a little kid my dad put the boat in at the ramp just down from the bernheimer boat club on 94. When I was about 12 he stopped being able to fish (got married lol) and I haven't been on a boat since. I've been doing everything in my power to catch big one like he always did. Problem is I'm limited to very few fishing spots because I don't have a boat. Biggest thing I've caught has been a 12 pound Flathead. Basically just looking for someone who wouldn't mind letting me go out on a boat with them and teach me what I'm doing wrong. I use live bluegill and shad if I can get them. I have my own rods, tackle, and can supply my share of bait. Just desperately wanting to get out on a boat. I live in warranting just so everyone knows. Feel free to leave any tips I'm always willing to learn.

Mad Catter5000, storm44 and Catpaw like this.
  2. Mad Catter5000

Mad Catter5000 New Member

Name:
    Ryan
    I'm in your area but unfortunately in the same boat, or lack of boat as it were.

Catpaw likes this.

3. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Active Member

State:
    Auxvasse, MO
    20161119_122120.jpg Where you guys at? I got a boat and always looking for someone to go after some flatheads. Have gone out on my own a few times, but nice to have an extra hand and somebody to BS with when it is slow. Been on the Osage and Mark Twain Lake, but I'll be honest haven't gone out on the Missouri. I think most would agree that it is pretty unforgiving and I would rather be a wuss than floating face down lol. When I get more experience I will give it a try

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  4. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Active Member

State:
    Auxvasse, MO
    Ok, reread the first post and the "warranting" threw me off. Thinking you meant Warrenton. If that is the case I would be about 45 min west. I like to use live gills and small carp, fish at night a lot especially in the summer and anchor up as opposed to drifting so if that is what your used to let me know.

5. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Active Member

State:
    Auxvasse, MO
    If anybody else is interested, shoot me a PM

6. Mad Catter5000

Mad Catter5000 New Member

Name:
    Ryan
    I'm in the St. Charles area and I'm always interested, if anybody's in the area shoot me a message.

7. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Active Member

State:
    Auxvasse, MO
    Bump. Anybody want to hit Mark Twain Lake?

8. beshears

beshears Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Looks as if you have plenty of boat for the River. I am at Wellsville, not to far away. Hope to see you at the ramp one of these days.

ArmySGM likes this.
  9. Zach Davis

Zach Davis New Member

Name:
    Zach
    I hit it 2 weeks ago. Fished all night and part of the next morning with live and cut bluegill and shad. Never even got a bite

10. Zach Davis

Zach Davis New Member

Name:
    Zach
    When I was on a boat we always anchored up. Couldn't afford the replacement tackle of drifting on the Missouri. I'm from chamois so you're probably right in my neck of the woods. I know Virgil agee in town caught 4 blue cats on 16 lb test on the Osage that were all over 100 pounds. Biggest one was 121 so you don't need to hit the Missouri to catch big ones. The Osage is just to far of a drive for me now