Looking for a fishing buddy.

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Sean, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Sean

Sean New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hi, I'm pretty new to catfishing, but I've fished for trout since I was very young. I'm looking for someone to go out on some night trips to Bartlettt, Pleasant etc. I have concerns about going alone, as the desert is very unforgiving in the event of accidents etc.

I'm available to go any night Wed-Friday overnight. Any advice or expertice is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately I am limited to shore fishing as I have no boat. I suppose I ought to convince the wife to allow me to buy a boat, but convincing the wife to spend money is difficult at best. If anyone is going out on a boat and willing to allow me to tag along I would be happy to share the expense of fuel etc.

I fished Bartlett last Thursday with no luck other than some bluegill which I used for bait, and one flathead which was so small that it's laughable. My buddy did catch a 2 pound bass at about 5am on a waterdog, which we released. We fished Rattlesnake Cove at the end of the beach and a little off the dock, which is where I caught the itty bitty flathead. :) I'll upload a picture of it when my buddy gets it to me.

If you're interested in going out sometime, feel free to give me a call at 602 368 5604. Call anytime during the day, but leave a message as we rarely answer the phone due to telemarketers.

-Sean

2. dademoss

dademoss New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome aboard Sean, Im sure you will find plenty of reading and tips to keep you busy between trips!

3. Sean

Sean New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hey, thanks for the warm welcome :)

4. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Hey Sean, welcome to the B.O.C. I would go fishing with you but I work nights with only Sunday and Monday nights off, plus, I don't have a boat either, lol. Anyway, I have only fished Bartlett a couple of times from shore this summer but never had a whole lot of luck. Been to Pleasant the last 2 or 3 trips and caught some channels, but nothing to brag about. Sucks fishing from shore here in Arizona. It really cut down on your fishing options as most of the lake usually ain't accessible without a boat. Anyway, don't know when I will get out next, but if you would be interested in tagging along for a night a Pleasant or Bartlett from shore, we may head up sometime in the next few weeks hopefully. Just pm me or send me an e-mail at willisjj@hotmail.com. Make sure to put something in the subject about catfishing as I get so much junk mail I am liable to delete it accidentally, lol. When we can't make it to the lake, we hit some of these urban ponds for channel cats. They start stocking again next week and you are welcome to meet up with us (wife and usually 2 of 3 kids, lol) at one of those ponds if you want to also. Anyway, talk to ya later man.

5. Sean

Sean New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    I just got back from Pleasant with a buddy from work. I got skunked, buddy got skunked, buddies brother in law caught one 2 poundish channel cat. We were there from about 8pm - 2am, with the one fish caught at about 10pm. Better luck next time.

Sucks that your nights off are my work nights. I work 12 hour shifts, sun-wed, and every other saturday. Bum deal. :(

We were discussing tonight getting a boat for a weekend and heading to roosevelt in 2 or 3 weeks. But it would be a friday - sunday trip most likely. I agree with you about fishing from shore in Arizona, it's tough. My wife would so kill me if I bought a boat, but I'm sooo tempted.

6. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Sorry to hear you didn't do so good at Pleasant. At least you got out to fish though. This city drives me nuts, I have to get out to the lake soon. I was about ready to buy a boat too but it looks like I will be taking a job and moving back to Oklahoma sometime within the next few months so I am actually trying to get rid of stuff right now. Well talk to you later man.

7. Sean

Sean New Member

State:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yeah, like you said it was nice getting out of the city. It's called fishing, not catching :rolleyes:. That's what my grampa always said, and he's right.

Whereabouts in OK you moving to? I get out there at least once a year as my parents were born and raised in Lawton. Though they currently live in OKC. If we don't wet a line together in AZ maybe we could in OK sometime. Take it easy. :cool:

8. willisjj

willisjj Guest

I am from N.E. Oklahoma, grew up around Pryor and Adair. I am hopefully getting a corrections job at or around the Mcalester area. Looking forward to getting out of Phoenix and although I will probably be taking a cut in pay, it is worth it for me to get my kids back there to the country so they can spend some time with their grandparents. Fishings a lot better back there too, lol.