looking for a fishing buddy

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ct111, Jan 6, 2009.

1. ct111

ct111 New Member

State:
    IL
    im looking for a fishing buddy i have not been fishing for close to ten years and my old fishing buddy past away last year and i don't know anyone interested in fishing anymore. i used to fish carlyle spillway and cofeen when i had a boat.im 41 years old and live in edwardsville. i recently wrecked my motorcycle but hope to be ready to fish by april. i live near tower lake but have never fished it.thanks ct111

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Welcome Aboard Clint.

3. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    welcome to the B.O.C. best bunch of guys and i assure you you will find a new fishing buddy, or two

4. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC Clint. Several members in your area, I'm sure you will have no problem finding someone to fish with. If you ever want to fish Coffeen, give me a PM. I have a small boat but we will make room for you if you want to go. We fish all winter if at all possible. See you around - Dan

5. ct111

ct111 New Member

State:
    IL
    thanks guys .i've never caught a real big catfish just a couple channels in the ten pound range (farm pond) ive only caught one flathead prob. 3lbs and never caught a blue. i like fishing for cats though probably don' know how to fish for big cats at carlyle spillway .always catch 5lbs or smaller mostly use geno's or sonnys super sticky or cut bait.

6. ct111

ct111 New Member

State:
    IL
    danthefisherman... thanks for the offer .is there any decent bank fishing spots at cofeen? i can't pm you cause i don't have 10 posts yet

7. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    ct111 where are you located in IL?

8. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    ct111 Sorry i see it edwardsville.:smile2:

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Clint Welcome to the BOC, from the southern part of Illinois. Look forward to reading your post.:0a18::0a25::0a25:

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Not Dan but......Several descent bank fishing spots at Coffeen Clint, I'd say 90% of them are right around the Main (south) ramp area, but plenty of descent places all "boulder rock" clean areas, then a few over on dam and hot ditch end.....

11. ct111

ct111 New Member

State:
    IL
    thanks fishnfowl my dad used to take me fishing off the railroad tressel but that was 30 years ago and i don't remember how to get to tressel anymore (drive up to it)

12. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Like Randy said, lots of good bank spots. Randy has a lot more experience on Coffeen Lake than I have. Any information he gives is valuable. Clint you will just have to make a few short threads to get past that 10 post mark. It won't take long to put that number behind you. It won't be long before you will be getting new PBs either.

13. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    I wouldn't say that Dan, yourself and Charlie do just fine there......... Clint, you can't fish the trussell any longer unless in a boat. No more driving walking back to it, Yes, that privilege was taken away by a few morons that had to mess with the RR switch one time, so that pretty much put an end to that.

14. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    by the way, the nicer stripes have been smashing the bigger cranks and traps if you get slowed down drifting this weekend:wink: Should be there tomorrow I guess, but gonna try the ol Sippy one more time, Hmmmmm, well I guess now it will be the first time this year :smile2:

15. ct111

ct111 New Member

State:
    IL
    what bait would you guys reccomend for bankfishing at cofeen i used sonnys super sticky when i had my boat there.

16. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well you could still use that, I would say catch ya a few gills and either toss one out whole or chunk him up. If you use cut try to go with a little larger size bait otherwise you will be dealing with bass all day in the 1-2 lbs range. even on some of the smaller gills you will have that trouble, LOL.

17. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Clint, anytime you want to go out just send me a pm. I would be more than happy to take you out and tackle large blues. By the way, Randy shouldnt you be in bed by now you are supposed to meet me in the morning bright and early so we can go try our luck.:smile2:

18. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    I live in Troy Im just a hop skip and jump away from Edwardsville.:wink:
    I am always on the river trying my luck, atleast a few times a week.:smile2:

19. ct111

ct111 New Member

State:
    IL
    thanks katcatchingfool i should be able to walk by march/april (motorcycle wreck) i'll talk to you then.ive lived next to the mississippi all my life and never fished it. do you eat the cats you catch?

20. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Ya just have to watch out when he starts in on the SKIPPING, it does and has gotten scary in the past :smile2: