looking for a fish-camp on Santee

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by fishhooked, May 7, 2008.

1. fishhooked

fishhooked New Member

State:
    NC
    Hello brother catfish lovers. I am looking for a fish-camp on the Santee. I have never been there but it sounds like the north side of the lake is full of trees and logs. Thats my kind of fishing. I would like for the camp to have a ramp and a cabin/camper/house I could rent for the weekend. If ya'll could help me out that would be great. Thanks!

2. fishhooked

fishhooked New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks. I'll have to check them out. This is such a great web page.

3. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
  4. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    There is also Poplar Creek which has campground and rentals and The Santee State Park which is right south of Poplar Creek,both of those are on the north end of Lake Marion and the opposite side of the lake than Packs Landing

5. fishhooked

fishhooked New Member

State:
    NC
  6. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Room's are pretty good , :eek:oooh:but the food was not that great last summer.

7. smokkin99

smokkin99 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Try taw caw campground. Stay there 2 weekends ago nice place, they have rooms also. they have 8 rooms to rent nice and clean

8. smackover

smackover New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Looking for a place on Santee to tent camp and fish.

Would this be a good place to go ?

Regards

Smackover

9. Chris55

Chris55 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I have spent many of a day at Harrys,and I must say,they sure know how to treat you there.Rooms are clean daily,the food is great and Mike and his folks are always there to help you with any ????.Down right good folks.

10. fishhooked

fishhooked New Member

State:
    NC
    Sure sounds like I found my fishcamp. I can't wait to catch my first S.C. Cat! Thanks Folks!

11. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Taw Caw campground has alot and is centrally located on Marion's northside. I try to stay there atleast once every spring. I do have to admit that I usually don't make reservations anywhere until two days prior as I'm watching the wind direction. Example: If you are getting a generally south wind or WSW go to the north side, Taw Caw would suit this example and fish the windy banks near the mudline. Just my opinion.
    Jonathan
    bearfrog1@yahoo.com