Looking for a catfishing Boat

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by TXBlueHunter, Dec 4, 2005.

1. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Does anyone know anyone that has a good used boat for sale? I am looking for a boat to cat out of. Do not need anything big. I am looking at spending no mor that a grand.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    txbluehunter, me too. I need a new cheap project boat that I can fish out off. I'll let you know if I find anything. Just send me a pm of you know of anything.

3. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    I do but you would need to come to Iowa to get it it is a 14 ft x wide and deep with a 15 and 25 hp evinrude motors with trailer and both motors run good want 1100.00 for it all also comes with 2 ores a gas tank and spare tire

4. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Not sure if you are intrested or not ,but I have a fishin' buddy with a 14' flat bottom and evinrude 9 and old beat up trolling motor. Not sure of the price but I know it's gonna be reasonable, he and I went in together and got the boat I'm fixin' up now. So he doesn't need the orther now. I know it doesn't have a title for the boat or motor, but I'm sure he can give you a bill of sale. I can get some pics to ya if you are lookin' for something like this. Just let me know.

5. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    Txbluehunter, I got one today in denison,tx. It's a 1977 Falcon Tigher 17ft with 1977 85 hp evinrude. I payed $500.00 for it. Here is a few pictures I took of it. The motor has good compression but the floor,seats,tires need replaced. Hope you found you one. If I find anything I'll let you know.

Attached Files:

6. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
  7. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Hey Barry, Looks like you will have a fine Fishin' Boat with a lil love that baby will be nice. Shoot, I bet the motor is worth the $500.00 that you paid for the whole deal. Way to go !

8. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    thanks t-bone! I'll take you out in it when the gathering comes! :)

9. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I would like to do that Barry, Thanks for the invite.

10. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    txbluehunter, I found a boat for you if your interested? Just send pm me and I'll get you the information.

11. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    That will be a fine boat when you are done with her Barry.
    I am buying a bigger boat so I have to sell mine.
    It is a 1969 glasstron V-147 I got it with a 1975 chrysler 55HP but it needs a lower unit. also need to get rid of 1954 10HP evinrude. You could have all 3 of them for 600$ thats what I paid for them. here are pics of boat.... http://davidfrantz.netfirms.com

12. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    www.cheapoldboats.com ask for robert and he'll help you find a boat or motor. Most don't have titles but he will be able to get you one.

13. C2catfish

C2catfish New Member

State:
    Hurst, Texas
    Hey guys,
    Check out that site I told you about Barry. There's an older boat that looks real good in there for way cheap. Has a trolling motor too. It has a title. I think the guy is gonna auction it if he doesn't get any offers. I'd probably offer him about $400.

I would post the link, but I'm afraid the BOC don't like that.

C2

14. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    C2, thanks but I've already found one.

15. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    C2

Can you PM the link to the site?

Thanks

16. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hey dude's dont forget to look in e-bay, alittle over a year ago I got a1989 16' eldocraft classic bass boat, paid $1000 for it, it came with 1990 40hp suiziki, live well with pump, minkota 40lb thrust trolling motor,2 deep cycel battrys, fishen rod holders, hummingbird fish finder, bimbi top ,new carpet and new bass seats it also had a good solid trailer. used the boat for the last year maybe put somthing like 50hrs on it and haven't had one problem with it, only thing i'v done to it is put in a water pump on it, but only becuse i didn't know how old it was think it cost $10.00

17. C2catfish

C2catfish New Member

State:
    Hurst, Texas
    That boat is still on TTFF. I'll bet someone can pick that thing up CHEAP.

I saw where Aquacat was asking if it was fiberglass of aluminum. It looks like fiberglass to me.

18. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    I just emailed both people about the boats on that forum. I hope they still got them.

Thanks again C2 and everyone else for all the help.

19. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Ok, I am going to look at the boat C2 brought to my attention. Only problem is the current own never filed for a title for the boat or motor and does not have the orginal. How hard is it going to be for me to get a new title for the boat and motor.

I do not mind doing the leg work and paper work if that is all it will take.

Thanks

20. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I wish you luck ! With out a title you are in for a fight with TP&W. Is the guy that has the boat now the First owner ? Is the boat from out of state ? Does the boat have Reg. tags on it ? Check out the TP&W web site. You can find all the forms that you may or may not need there. Before you buy this boat you may want to read the forms over to get an idea of what your up against. I don't mean to be a bummer on your find, however, if I were you I would either not buy that boat or I would beat the price of the boat way down. It's gonna cost you some bucks to get this boat in your name. I bought a boat off of e-bay and got a title for the boat but no title for the motor (Texas requires a title for the motor), I downloaded the affidavit of fact (PWD 314) and the owner signed it for me. This motor had no record on it so TPW issued one for me. The lady there told me had the motor been titled before I would have to find the titled owners name and find that guy and have him file a lost title and then sign it over to me. All of witch would cost someone money. Also, beaware if this boat is an out of state boat you will have a BIG problem with TP&W. The TP&W lady did not go into detail with me what will have to happen but she did tell me never buy a boat from out of state. Good luck to you on your quest for a boat and maybe you should call the TP&W office and ask alot of questions before buying. Or better yet, go to the office in person and talk to them first.