Looking for a CAT boat

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by CATFISHPAT, Aug 26, 2006.

1. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey yall,Im looking for a catfishing boat.Im a Big guy so it cant be to small.Im 6'5" and 305lbs........

2. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    Hey Pat are you looking for a pontoon or a jonboat style boat?

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    or perhaps a fiberglass boat...either tri-hull or bass boat style.

4. SuCoTraveler

SuCoTraveler New Member

State:
    Milan Kansas
    father in law has an old tri hull, needs an outboard, but I think would make a great beater catfish boat, nice and open and flat on the inside. the very front about 2',3' is enclosed. Also includes trailer.
    I'll talk to him about it, might go pretty cheap.
    Right now it is yard art in my yard, I've got too many boats as it is. and 3 ain't even mine.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Patrick, there is a lot of old boats out there which needs work. You should be able to pick up a tri-hull with a 50 to 85 HP motor fairly reasonable. If you can find one that has a bad floor, you should be able to get it for just about the price of the used motor. That being the case, you would be looking at another 700 to 1000 to replace the floor and install the features you'd want. Now is the time of the year to start a project boat, as you can either work on it all day, or for just a few hours per week. I got a 15' boat with 50 hp motor for $500.00 - pretty decent shape. Put another 350 to 400 in it and wouldn't sell it for anything now... but that don't solve your problem. Your in the city area, aren't you? take some weekend drives out in the country and look for some old boats setting in the yard...go up to the house and see if they are interested in selling. Matter of fact, there are 3 just down the road from me...have 70HP and an 85 HP motor on them...you could probably get one of them...they been setting for 3 or 4 years.

6. osageCo_flathead

osageCo_flathead New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    jump in the thrifty nickel and penny saver as well.