Looking for a Campground w/Catfish

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bobby-catfishing, May 3, 2007.

1. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    I have a sister and BIL that live up near Kansas City. Last year we (wife, kid, mom, dad and brother) drove up from Dallas area to meet them for a camping trip. We stayed at Greenleaf SP. It was a great campground and the fishing was pretty good as well. The problem was that we took 3 trucks, 3 campers and a boat up that far. We're looking for a really nice place to camp a little further south. Can anyone sugest a place that might be as nice as Greenleaf without a lot of boating and jet ski traffic? A lake with some exceptional catfish would be nice as well.

Thanks in advance,

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Bobby, sounds like you need something around Eufaula or Lake Wister. I have included a link to an Oklahoma propaganda page. You can click on areas of the map and it will tell you what park is there, and you can use the legend on the left side to navigate around a little more. Eufaula is supposed to be a good cat lake, although the do have strippers. Largemouth, Crappie and I believe small mouthed bass there also. It is another of those famous Oklahoma Red Lakes. LOL

http://www.touroklahoma.com/region_map.asp

3. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    The south end of Eufaula would be somewhat closer to you, however, if I were choosing, Hugo would probably get my nod, although Sardis would be a strong second.

4. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Try either Eufala, Ft. Gibson or even Grand lakes. I know Eufala and Grand have decent catfish them. Also there are many campgrounds all around Grand lake. As I am sure there are at the other lakes also.

5. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Thanks guys. I'll look into the lakes mentioned and see what we can come up with. If you ever need any assistance a little further south, feel free to send me a PM or post under the Texas forum.

6. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    South grand lake would be excellent, check out cherokee state park, you can fish the river or just drive 5 minutes up the hill to the lake, 3 other surrounding lakes within 10 to 20 minutes from their also, spavina, eucha, hudson.

7. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Thanks SGL. I'll check out Cherokee SP. Sounds like some really good fishing oportunities.

8. OKPOPEYE

OKPOPEYE New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    There is great catfishing, and sport fishing, camping, golfing and more at Ft. Cobb, OK. "Have fun"

9. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    Ft. Cobb is a great lake. So is Sardis. My favorite lake in Oklahoma has got to be Kerr. I have only fished it two times but it was a blast. I would suggest Kerr over the three. I would also recommend that you talk to some of the locals around there. There are quite a few of the "Pole Benders" from Kerr on here. If you wanted to know a few hotspots I'm sure they could help out.

Dave