looking for a bait shop style minnow tank

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by Grinner, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grinner

Grinner New Member

State:
    pa
    Hi Folks, I am new here, My wife and I are opening a bait and tackle shop and are in the market for a tank set-up . Pm me if anybody has anything that might work for us. Thanks

2. OkieHenry

OkieHenry New Member

State:
    Hulbert, Oklahoma
    I know where a baitshop has went out of buisness and wants to sale all there tackle, and I also know where 4 bait tanks are for sale, I'll shoot you a p.m.

3. bomberboat

bomberboat New Member

State:
    bull shoals, Arkansas
    rubbermaid had a commercial minnow tank not sure if they still do. you can buy a refrigerated tank also minnows last a long time . i can only think of one wholesaler now is pannabait co. panna,ill or do a google surch for bait tanks.you can also use a farm/ranch water tanks also. but you need to paint the inside of the tank with some epoxy paint. about every year i'm told. something about the galvinsing is not good for minnows they die faster to keep customers comming back about 16-18 monnows equal a dozen and dont count them as you put them in there bait bucket. there cheap you buy minnows by the pound from your supplyer

4. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I used to raise tropical fish as a sideline when I was younger.I was shown how to make cheap,strong ,tanks out of marine grade plywood and some other very specific products.I can make them in 55 or 125 gal size.If any members would like info on this system,please PM me.They are strong,durable and economical.Used them for 8-10 years with no problems.I,m not interested in making any more,just trying to pass this method on to anyone that,s interested.

5. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    Some of the tanks I have seen were stainless tanks from a dairy with part of the top cut off. Aquaculture people do the same with poly tanks like farmers use. Find a damaged one and cut the top off. After a wind storm would be a good time to shop.

6. Grinner

Grinner New Member

State:
    pa
    Okie I would like to see the pictures of the stuff the guy has for sale, might be interested. I can't pm you because I don't have 10 posts yet. sorry.

7. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Welcome to the BOC. It won't take long to get 10 posts.

8. Grinner

Grinner New Member

State:
    pa
    I'm slowly gettin there

9. ko3579

ko3579 New Member

State:
    Frankfort, Ky
    these are some of best ones ive seen, If I was looking for one this is what I would look for.

10. OkieHenry

OkieHenry New Member

State:
    Hulbert, Oklahoma

shoot me an email: okiehenry@gmail.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.