looking for a .38 or .357 snubby

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by scooter079, Aug 22, 2008.

1. scooter079

scooter079 New Member

State:
    ohio
    im looking for a .38 or praferably a .357 snubby for the old lady to carry with .38s in it and .357 when i wanna carry it so if anyone knows any good deals let me know

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i dont know of any thing sir

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Ya cant go wrong with a S&W .38 special. load it with Federal 110 GR. Hydra-Shok JHP. Ya dont need more than a six pack. :wink:

4. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have a nice Dan Wesson 357 mag in stainless steel with walnut grips. It came with inter changeable barrels and grips. It has a snub nose barrel and an 8" barrel, small grip for the wife and massive grip and barrel for me. I think we gave over $400.00 for it used. Go ahead ......make my day!!!! Sorry its not for sale....but would make a good one. I always wanted to put a scope on it and hunt Deer. Never did though. Just use the rifle and bow. :big_smile:

5. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    I have a .357 Tarus 2" in stainless steel. I love it. Don't overlook one if you get a good buy on one.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've got a Stainless Taurus Model 85 in .38 (2 inch barrell). I love this gun. I bought mine a few years back new in the box for something like $239. Too bad you cant find them like that anymore! It shoots just as good if not better than any of my dads S&W .38's.

I bought some aftermarket rosewood finder grooved grips. They are very nice.

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    PS- I should also say that the gun was bought "For My Wife"...... :)

To answer anyone's questions, NO SHE DIDN'T BUY THAT LOAD OF CRAP EITHER> :angry:

8. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Must be a "Brazilian" models of those around,,,,S&W makes some good ones:wink:

9. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    as far as revolvers go they dont any better than a ruger, my dad has one like you discribed in a ruger and that thing is nice very accurate.

10. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    Taurus, Rossi and Beretta are made in Brazil at the S&W plant that they were kicked out of after they thought them how to make them. Nice job for a USA company to have done to them after they left here for cheaper labor.

11. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    ruger sp101 or gp100. checkem out thyr the best 2 out there. :big_smile::cool2: