looking for 40 t0 50 hp outboard

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by macdaddy, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    Looking to up grade my skiff to a 40 to 50 hp motor. So what you guy got to part with !!!!!

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    ask shilored

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    sold it.

4. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    Macdaddy i have a friend that has a 40 hp johnson i think it might be a evinrude with controls i will call him in a couple of hours when he gets up and find out all the details for you. But i bet the shipping will be killer

Foggy :cool2:

5. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    I just got off the phone with my friend and its a 1975 evinrude with electric shift he has every thing all wiring controls steering tags up to date and will take $300 for it. only thing it might need is a minor tune up and a new key switch as he lost the key. As far as the tune up im talking about impeller and maybe rebuild the carbs. He says the man he got it from might even have run the carbs dry last time it was used so it might even be a bolt on and startand run type of deal.
    I will be going his way for a funeral today and will take my camera and get some pics for you.

Foggy :cool2:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  6. m james

m james New Member

State:
    ky
    i have a 89 classic 50 merc with control box gurantee it to run like a new one 1000.00

7. HillBillyFiveO

HillBillyFiveO New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    M James,

If it doesn't work out between you two, email me and we can talk about this. I'm looking for a 50hp Merc as well, and I'm located in Kentucky.

Floyd T.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.