Looking back now x-mass is over

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfish kenny, Dec 30, 2007.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I thought I would ask to see if anyone got a real cool present they didnt expect .All I wanted was #1 my kids to have a good chrismas-they did #2 to see the lille ones faces when they saw what Santa brought -I did and after that enjoy the time with my familey cause I feel like a real blessed man to have what I have.....but I got a couple cool gifts that I will treasure and enjoy. Lilly got me a radio and flashlight that you can wind up or run off a cig-lighter plug so we can take out in the boat to listen to...Very cool and her dad and mom bought me a twisted indian medicine mans ceptor,I collect certian native american things and skulls so it is a double whammey....I didnt expect either and fer me they both are perfect.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i got something i wasnt expecting 9 months ago,lol but seeing him on his first christmas was the best present i could get.

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Like you kenny, it was all about the kids this year. The wife and I spent very little on each other so the kids could do well. One thing I did get as a early gift was a ugly stick rod I wanted, I got it at least a month ago. Watching the kids and eating turkey was good enouh for me and the wife ; )

-Jim-

4. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I got a couple of things. I told everyone that since money was tight this year that I preferred they spend money on the kids instead of me.

Matt gave me the most beautiful moon and star necklace. I collect things with moons and stars, they have a special meaning for me.

My daughter gave me christmas card with a very special handwritten note inside. It almost made me cry when I read it. I have to keep that one forever. (someday I may need it for blackmail or something:smile2:) Just kidding.

Matt made sure my kids had a good christmas.

That's the 3 best presents that I could have ever asked for.

5. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    I received a new fish finder to trick my yak, and my wife received a purdy Seiko watch. My daughter received a nice laptop computer.

Unfortunately, the passing of my mother-in-law the week before Christmas really hit us hard. We had already finished shopping or I expect it would not have happened this year.

The greatest gift I received was the time to visit my mom's mother and my dad's parents. It is a blessing to still have them doing well at this middle-aged point in my life.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I recieved a beautiful great niece on friday before Christmas,that wasnt un expected ,and I was expecting to catch a new pb blue but I wasnt expecting to break my PB three times in three days,Cant wait to get the next 'Biggun'

7. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I had a good Christmas, I got to watch the Grandkids and Kids open they're presents, I got the Wife what she wanted. I got a blackpowder rifle. So for a year that started out pretty badly, it ended up just fine. Later Andy