looking at new fishing reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by cassk, Nov 17, 2008.

1. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I've been looking at the Okuma V-65 SA, I like what I've been reading about this reel. Does anyone have one of these reels and what do you think of it?
    Cassk

2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Okuma makes one of the best spinning reel they will compete with shaimano (spelling

3. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    If you buy one,be sure and give us a full report. I am always in the market for a new reel. I just hate being the one trying it out first.

4. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    I have 3 OkumaABF reels and I love them, they're smooth and strong. I haven't tried any other reel by them but if it's anything like the ones I own I think you'll be happy with it.

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i have the epixor ef80 i love it im fixing to try a bait caster of okumas i would highly recomend okuma to any one

6. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    The only thing you have to watch for with Okuma is that they have cheap reels up to expensive. Just remember, you get what you pay for. Buy one of their upper end reels and you will be delighted, but if you buy a cheap one, you will have a bad case of buyer's remorse!

7. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    cassk,
    You should be MORE than Happy with it!!! It is the Upper End of their Spinning line and carries a price to boot! Line Capacity is a Big Plus with this one as well. I have used many of their products and know them to be Worth the MONEY! I must also say that the European versions must be selected Very Carefully! JMHO!!!!

HOPPY4

8. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I dont own one but i hear the VS are excellent reels from another forum.

9. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Cass just forget about reels... The way you been catching bigger and bigger fish you need to just get a winch.:wink::smile2:

10. flying_v_64

flying_v_64 New Member

State:
    NC
    I have an Okuma Stratos XTF55 and so far it's been a great reel. Hauled in a couple of nice cats with it.

11. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Thankyou all for the info, I now feel I've made a good choice in reels. I have written "Santa Baby" a letter, the Okuma reel being at the top of list!! I sure hope Santa comes through for me. Can't think of one time this year that I've been BAD, it's got to be a sure thing!!! :big_smile:

12. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i have the okuma abf 50 on a 6 ft rod and am very happy with it, on my 7 ft poles i use shimano 4500 baitrunners which are awesome, i also have a cabela's salt striker 65 baitrunner on a 8 ft pole which is also a good reel for the price the salt strikers are made by okuma