Looking at Alumacraft Fisherman

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by thunderchicken, Feb 12, 2007.

1. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Hi. I have been wanting to buy a new boat ever since I sold my pontoon so have been looking around. I have come accross a boat that has got my interest. It's an Alumacraft Fisherman 145, a deep vee hull design. It seems to have a pretty open floor plan with storage, livewell etc. My question is does anyone have any experience with their boats in terms of quality or dependability? The construction is riveted rather than welded, and I know some people don't like that. Any comments would be welcomed. Thanks.
    Mike
    :cool2:

2. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Mike, I had an Alumacraft similar to the one you're looking at, about 30 years ago...it was bombproof, and I have no reason to think anything has changed. In fact, I'm looking at a new boat myself, and Alumacraft is high on my list.

You might want to look at the Lund 1425 Classic, as well. Lund seems to be the top gun in the aluminum vee world. They put an extruded gunwale on their boats that has a track that accepts all kinds of accessories like rod holders, drink holders, etc...very nice.

3. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    My Alumacraft NCS jon boat is a riveted hull and I really like it. In the years to come I may regret that I did not select an all welded boat but so far so good.