looking 4 advice

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by captainwade, May 22, 2008.

1. captainwade

captainwade New Member

State:
    texas
    hey guys any one out ther catfish on lake sam rayburn in texas? i've used trout lines plenty,i want to try noodle fishing.i've heard a lot about noodles,sounds very exciting.bout to go buy the materials needed to make them.only doubts i have is were to place my noodles on the lake? any advice about catfishing on rayburn will be appreciated.

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Wade,I'm a Rod and Reel,Gernade fisherman Guy and don't use Noodles but someone will be along shortly to help You out.But I want to Welcome You to the BOC and to tell you we are Glad you joined Us. Tight lines My Friend. J.D.
    :wink:

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    WADE,

USE YOUR DEPTH FINDER AND FIND THE STRUCTURE AND SET THEM OUT AT DEFFERINT DEPTH'S AND SIT BACK AND WATCH " GOOD LUCK ":0a26:

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wade Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. You will love it here.:0a23::0a25::0a25:

5. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    Set em' shallow 10-120 ft right now...place at mouths of creeks to get on some yellas. Their all spawning.

6. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Just wanted to say Welcome to the BOC!!:0a25: I know that you will find some useful info here as well as some great people.

7. wildturkey

wildturkey New Member

State:
    Texas
    Capt.
    I am new to jug fishing also, but have had some luck on the South end of the lake. I fish a cove behind my house and have caught quite a few blues in the 4 to 6 lb. range. I was fishing in18 ft. of water and was fishing from 2 to 4 ft. off the bottom. I use enough wt. to keep them from scattering everywhere. I know that most people fish shallow and chase them all over the lake. I set mine out and go back and check them every few hours.
    wildturkey

8. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    A lesson hard learned. If you fish deep water, put enough weigh on them to hold a fish. I had a bunch pulled into brush, I had to tie the lines around a boat cleat and break them. I now use a 2-4 ft. line in shallow water, or a brick on the bottom in deeeper water. I guess it depends on what kind of vegatation you have.

Jim