lookin for the big cats

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by koking20, Aug 28, 2008.

1. koking20

koking20 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey anybody know of any bankfishing tournaments anywhere in n.c. or any good areas on the cape fear river near fayetteville just moved here and desperatly need a place to fish until i get my boat

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    mack in NC should know. He has some good insight on that end of the state, and on the entire state for that matter.

3. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    only place in the lower cape i ahve bank fished is below lock #1.........about 50 yds below the ramp....used to be pretty good there though i quit bank fishing there as the coe doesnt allow dogs there for some reason and i usually like to take my dog if i am going to sit back and bank it.......fished at the other locks but only by boat.....wade fished the cape between buckhorn and raven rock...some nice cats in there but it is small baot , canoe water.......mark knows some good spots right around fayettenam....mack

4. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I have fished below lock 2 by the ramp and caught some fish. I caught some blues there around 20lbs and some smaller ones. I have fished around the dam there also in a boat and have caught some. I just haven't gone there in a long time mostly because I catch a lot on the neuse and its a lot closer for me.

5. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    The area below lock 1 is good for bank fishing. I know a guy who goes out there pretty regularly and does well. He ususally gets one about 20lbs every time he goes. I don't know of any other bank accesses though.

6. koking20

koking20 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    THANKS GUYS GOING TO CHECK IT OUT THIS WEEKEND

7. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Let us know how you do. If you can get them eels work really well as does gizzard shad if you can find them. Good luck!