Lookin' for somebody or people to go NOODLIN' with!

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by tnoutlawkatfish, Mar 26, 2009.

1. tnoutlawkatfish

tnoutlawkatfish New Member

State:
    Mcminnville,TN.
    I want to go noodlin' with some people or someone on the Tn. river. M aybe this summer around the middle Tn. or Chattanooga area.

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    You would have to go while the male flathead is spawning guarding the nest.

Although legal in some states, it is generally frowned upon by many catfishermen who are concerned about healthy Flathead Catfish populations on their bodies of water.

3. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    stickin my hand into a hold and hopin a cat bites it? I ain't never done that! ain't gonna either!
    I wish you luck!

4. xbutton22x

xbutton22x New Member

State:
    IL
    Hope that works out for ya. Try to stay away from the turtles.

5. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    its awesome only been once but they raise heck when u get in there hole too they make a rumbling sound that will shake the bank with the big ones we went on rocky river in nc near stanly/anson border

6. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I had a long post about this but I deleted it. Just think about taking away the protection of the young.

7. Richmond River Rat

Richmond River Rat New Member

State:
    Virginia
    true noodlers are hard to find, therfore since few people practice it, not that many fish are taken. besides where i go theres not many turtles and other fish that threaten the eggs anyway

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Not enough alcohol in the world for me get to the point where I stick my hand into some unknown hole, waiting for something to grab it!!!!!Water around me would get mighty dark if you get my drift...LMAO!!!:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::crazy:

9. crackers

crackers New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    the best way to find someone who goes noodling is to look and see if'n all there fingers are there more then likley a true noodler has one or more missing.If you find some one that says they noodle and has one or more digets missing you have found a true noodler. then ask them if'n you can go.Please dont think im trying to scare you off because i would be the last person to try to talk some one out of having a good time.

10. Will Goodman

Will Goodman New Member

Outlaw I'm a noodling / rod n reel guide and I have seen the backlash that noodling itself gets in this forum. I know it has been several years since you wanted to try to go noodling however if you are interested I can set you up in East TN. Just shoot me a message and I'll get with you if you are interested.

11. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    You do realize how old this thread is? the OP has not even been on the site in 6 years.

12. Will Goodman

Will Goodman New Member

Yes I saw how old the post is and I still only replied because of him wanting to experience noodling.