Lookin for info

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by BAMA_CAT, Jul 21, 2007.

1. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    My brother and i used to trap with our dad years ago and was just wanting to know about what you get on fur now days!!! Say like Coons,fox,mink Thanks for any help

PS also do you guys of anyone that buys furs???

2. fishdaddy

fishdaddy New Member

State:
    w.va.
    u can ship to nafta

3. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

you mean the nafa?http://nafa.ca/ that is where i ship to,or rather i go to there depot man and he send thems up for me

4. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

can also go through the fha (fur harvesters ascc.) they are go people too. do online search maybe you can come up with a local buyer as well

5. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You should check with a trapper in your area, or contact your State Trapping Association & see what they averaged at their sale(s) last season. You won't get a correct average via NAFA since theirs would be averaged from all fur not that just from your area, and region has much to do with a pelts value.

While talking with your State Association (consider joining), see if there's an honest buyer in your area. I've never shipped to NAFA, probably won't. I don't want to spend $100 to pay less in comissions, or wait on it selling & getting paid for it for who knows how long. I spoke with a guy who waited over a year, lol, I'll take alittle less to walk-away with a furcheck today as opposed to a year from now.

Smitty