Lookin for best place to catch good size catfish in cumberland city

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by catfishbob09, Jul 12, 2009.

1. catfishbob09

catfishbob09 New Member

State:
    TN
    just looking for a good place to fish in cumberland city someone told me the steam plant but dk where thats at

2. Brad30110

Brad30110 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Cumberland City Steam Plant is a OK place to go. You can catch a few catfish, stripers, and largemouth out there. You can catch bigger cats in the main river though. Seems like the lock B and Lock C produce bigger catfish. Those are both in the Clarksville area.

Cumberland City TVA: Take 41A in Clarksville to Riverside Dr, Riverside Dr to the intersection of the large Dodge Dealership/HWY 48 and bare right. Follow it to your second traffic light after crossing the bridge. There will be a sign saying turn right Cumberland TVA. This is Hwy 149. Follow it 16 miles. You will turn right onto Hwy 434. You'll go through Cumberland City to a small store on your right, directly after that store bare right. You'll be traveling adjacent to the steam plant, after you cross the first bridge take a left. There will be a small sign that says fishing area. Follow it around and your there.

Hope that helps a bit. Best bet is find a friend with someone who owns a boat, and fish the main river. Good Luck

3. catfishbob09

catfishbob09 New Member

State:
    TN
    dont know anyone with a boat lol wish i did where is the best place to fish from the bank

4. Brad30110

Brad30110 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I would say your best luck would be lock C or at Cumberland City Steam Plant near the barges.

5. catfishbob09

catfishbob09 New Member

State:
    TN
    using what live shad?

6. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Live or cut shad works..Skipjack works too or bream...

7. Yourused

Yourused New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    live or dead doesnt seem to make much difference in the 92 degree water. its 25 ft deep at the center bridge support headed out of the steam plant.. however... Shad Guts seem to do the trick out there.. also take some red string with you and when you put the shad guts on.. wrap the string around it enough to hold it on like you are tying it on.

8. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Ok do you know where palmyra is? It is like 1/2 way between clarksville and cc just a lil dip in the road but there is a good place to bank fish there.When you get to the bottom of the valley where there is a little water on each side turn right going towards cc as soon as you cross the bridge keep til u see the rr tracks pull across walk down the hill to the rocks there is good deep water there and i have caught a lot of decent fish there. If my directions are bad i am sorry it is just past the palmyra market going towards cc hope this helps ya out. But dont park where the train will hit ur vehicle, lol. But newayz good luck and oh yea i use cut shad there and also big creek minows,...... til next time.