Lookin' for a place to RENT

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by veryama1975, Nov 14, 2008.

1. veryama1975

veryama1975 New Member

State:
    South West Mich
    Hi all,

My wife is a travel nurse & she's looking at a job in Columbia, SC. If she takes the job we'll be staying down in your neck of the woods for at least three months this winter. We've started checking the classifieds for a place to rent but I thought I'd check & see if any of you guys had any places for rent or knew of any.

We would like a place with at least 2 bedrooms. We would prefer it to be kind of in the country or at least small town. Also, we'd like someplace that's not much more than 30 to 45 minutes from the hospitals in Columbia. We will be bringing 2 jack russel terriers with us.

We don't need anything really fancy or expensive because, for the last several years, we have been living in a single wide trailer that has seen better days. However, my wife doesn't like living in a mobile home so an actual house would be preferred. Although, if it's a nice enough mobile home & has a decent enough rent we may consider it.

Furnished or partially furnished would be nice (at least with a fridge).

Also, if it could be within walking distance to good catfishing water that would be a real plus for me! LOL:smile2:

P.S. If we do get the job we'll be looking to rent a place in the next week or two.

2. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Look for places to rent in Lexington, Cayce, West Columbia, and Irmo. They're the smaller communities surrounding Columbia. Probably a little cheaper to live in too.....

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck to your wife in getting the job and hopefully you will be able to do some fishing

4. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Our neighbor is renting their house! It's beautiful! In the country and a long walk to the river, but I have a boat! send me a pm and I wil tell you more. What hospital in Cola.?

5. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Matt, SC is filled with great people and great catmen. Hope things work out for ya. You are more than welcomed here.:wink:

6. veryama1975

veryama1975 New Member

State:
    South West Mich
    Thanks! One of the things I like best about the South (other than the warm weather & the catfishing) is the friendly people. My grandparents lived down south and every year when I went down to visit them it always seemed like entering a friendlier, more easygoing world. If I could just convince all my extended family to follow me I wouldn't think twice about moving down south permanently...& I still hope to eventually.

7. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Are you opening up the Pop Pop palace? I know you just bein' good ole' Pop Pop! Your generosity makes us all look good down south. But you know what? If things get to bad I may need to move in with ya"!!! :wink::smile2::smile2: I do have a boat! :roll_eyes::cool2:

8. veryama1975

veryama1975 New Member

State:
    South West Mich
    Hi all,

I just thought I'd refresh this thread. In case the place that Sunbird mentioned doesn't work out (although it sounds ideal & he generously offered to look for other rentals for me if I couldn't rent it) if anybody else knows of any other places I could rent for a few months please let me know. I sure hope my wife gets the job because I'm really excited about getting out of this snow & doing some fishing down there!

Thanks

9. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Matt, Sunbirds a great guy and will do what he says.:wink: Hope this works out. SC has got some awesome places to catfish and some awesome guides!:wink:

10. veryama1975

veryama1975 New Member

State:
    South West Mich
    I sure do hope everything works out! It will be almost like heaven for me to be down there in the warm weather & fishing in some of the best catfish country in the world.

11. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Amen, pop pop.....

12. veryama1975

veryama1975 New Member

State:
    South West Mich
    Praise the lord! My wife got a job but unfortunately it's not in South Carolina so I won't get to try out your awesome fishing in Santee. She just got off the phone with the hospital in Tyler, Texas & we're going to be heading out this Friday. I'm disappointed that I won't get to go fishing with John R. this time but I'm really happy that we have a job now & at least it's somewhere warm! lol Thanks for everybody's help & kind wishes. I guess I better get on the Texas forum now & ask about the fishing.:wink:

13. zmany2k

zmany2k New Member

State:
    APG, MD
    Good luck boss. :big_smile: