Lookin for a good place around Fayetteville

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by crusinman2002, Nov 2, 2006.

1. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    hey yall... i normally fish jordan lake and the cape fear, but when i get back from deployment i'll be moving towards fayetteville to be closer to work, so i'll be fishing near fayetteville more... i was wondering if any of the lakes around fayetteville were any good to fish, i'll still be hittin the cape fear quite a bit, but its kinda nice to get out on the lake once in a while. i already know that the ft. bragg lakes are decent, and there are a few that i can take the boat on. any help would be appreaciated.

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Shearon Harris has some nice cats in it and at one time Hope Mills lake was good but I think they drained it a few years back to fix the dam so I am not sure how it is now.Go down to that sportmans center launch ramp right in down town on the CF and they should be able to tell you some other places.:smile2:

3. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    i think i know the sports shop you are talkin bout... i had been in there to register and title my boat when i got it, its right on the CF and they have a ramp there as well... they had some nice pics up on the wall there of fish caught right in that area... thanks for the info