Lookin For A Boat

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Wabash River Bear, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hello Indiana Brothers,
    I'm lookin for some help. I am in the market for a used boat. Been watchin E-Bay, Boat Finder, I Boats, and the local paper. I'm not findin much. I am lookin for an all welded, 16', wide jon. Prefer a console steer, pretty open center, 25 to 30 hp. outboard, on a good trailer. I realize its probably gonna have to be an older rig( late 80's to early 90's) to fit my budget. Anyone know of one in their area ? Drop me a line if ya do. Thanks !:cool2:

2. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Barry The big question will be how much are you looking to spend, And how far will you go to pick one up.

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    What is your price range? I will be posting mine (1654 Landau w/ a 55hp Johnson) either this week or next and will be going through Indy the 2nd weekend in March on the way to St Louis to pick up my other one.

4. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I'll keep my eye out for one in the local papers. Also-try www.craigslist.com that is sometimes a real good place to find them. good luck and let us know how the search is going.

5. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    $2500. to $3000. but wont be sure until the weekend. I would like to see some picks.

6. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    I might drive about 100 miles, my budget will hopefully be in the $2500. to $3000. range. I wont be sure until the weekend.

7. Koon

Koon New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    www.craigslist.com

awesome place to buy and sell things. Bought my pontoon project boat and a 70cc scooter from there.

8. bluesclues

bluesclues New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Wabash River Bear did u find a boat? Clintonhawg1 and I are waiting to go break it in!! LOL

9. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Not yet man, looked at alot of disappointments though. Its amazing what some people refer to as a boat. I've looked at some scrap aluminum, a potential flower bed/yard ornament, and what I think was a floating meth lab at some time ( how could you spill hydrachloric acid in your boat ). Stll lookin.:angry:

10. bluesclues

bluesclues New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Why dont u just dig up one of those money jars in the back yard and go buy a brand new one at Bass Pro?LOL :0a22: I am going to ILL. today and I will keep my eyes open for u.

11. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    I was going to, had my boots on, shovel in hand, 20 paces from the garage door, turn left, 15 paces to south,,,,,or was that east,,,,no, it must be west. Hunny, wheres my map ? What do you mean, the dog ate it?:tounge_out:

12. clintonhawg1

clintonhawg1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Well i heard that bill will let that old 15hp go cheap . Because he has that awesome 25hp mariner . So just find a good boat deal and then talk to bill.

13. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Naw, then you guys would call me a home wrecker, coz ole Bill would rather part with "JYD", Tex, Oz, and Indy (the latter 3 bein his dogs for all you who dont know Bill) before he would part with that lil motor.:big_smile:

14. bluesclues

bluesclues New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That motor has a history w\ me and that is all I have to say about that. If u cant find your glass jars then just grow some and ask your wife!!!!LOL:0a23:

15. mr channel

mr channel New Member

State:
    sharpsville/kokomo Indiana
    i have a 2005 alumicraft 16 ft tunnel hall with trailer and an older 86 35hp johnson,,im lookin of getting a new one,,,steering consol is hime made but works great,,2 batteries and boat lite are wired,,letting go for a good price since new boat,,,email me if you want at bigbluecat22@yahoo.com

16. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks Ryan, but I went and ordered a new boat this past week. If I hear of someone looking I will send them your way.:cool2:

17. mr channel

mr channel New Member

State:
    sharpsville/kokomo Indiana
    no prob brother i am thinking about trading it in,,found one i like at bass pro,,but still have payments to make