Look what the wife found

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by wishiwasfishin, Aug 14, 2006.

1. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Well the wife was heading out the door to go to work and this little guy was in between her and the car. From the way the cats were acting he comes around often and they don't mind to share there food with him. So I just let him be and low and behold he was back again last night. Looks like I got a new pet..... I wish i could have got a picture of the wifes face....

Attached Files:

2. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Gota watch them posums though, they are naturaly deseptive.

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I use to have on that come on the back porch and eat with the dog. He would scoot the dog over and they would eat at the same time.
    He got to about 25 lbs I never did know what happened to him.

4. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    MMMmmmmm, possum pie! :tounge_out:

5. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I'd have been scrambling for the shotgun and not the camera:waaaht: I just capped off about a month of trapping vermin in my back yard. I got 10 coons and 2 kittys. I just about didn't have any garbage in the cans come garbage day. Every single night they'd tip the cans and dig in.

6. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    gotta watch those things,

several years ago we had one that would come in and eat with the cats. thot it was cute. my sister went out one night and the thing went after her. thot maybe it was just her. but from then on anyone that went out would get attacked. had to put it down. I dont trust them a bit.

7. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have some that eats with the cats....they act like they know each other

8. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    i would find me a shot guns and give him alttle lead poisoning. :cool2:

9. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Caution!I personally know that a full grown possum can and will kill and eat a small grown Dog or Cat.You have a potential tragedy there.I am 61.Both times the cats and dogs lost their fear of the possum with time.The second time was my fault as I knew better.The possum was only doing the normal possum thing.Anything that does not eat them is a meal.They have a large mouth and teeth with bone crushing jaws.Those teeth instantly penetrate into a Cats or small dogs brain.It was over before it started.I found out why the Cats were disappearing.Both possums arrived small and grew up on dry dog food with our animals.When they got large enough,nature took it's course.Coons will do the same.peewee-williams

10. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Oh, I have had my far run in with them but this little guy I just coundn't shoot him. lord knows how long he has been hanging around. I know he is a wild animal and i know what kind of bite they have but for now he seems harmless just trying to get an easy meal.

11. catwacker

catwacker New Member

State:
    illinois
    can't hardly stand them varmits since one day out hunting. Came across a dead cow laying in a shallow crick. it was blown up like a Macy's parade balloon float. Thought i would shoot a couple holes in it and watch it deflate.
    After i shot it it started to wiggle!!!! Then a big bloody possum crawled right out it's a$$hole!! Grossiest critter i ever saw!!!
    Catwacker

12. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    might be good for bait, I just dont know what kind of bait. lol

13. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I think I've made buzzard bait out of 6 of them in the 2 years we've lived at this spot. Also a copperhead and 2 coons.

14. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    i'd take him out! :cool2:

15. amatuer cat catcher

amatuer cat catcher New Member

State:
    NC
    hey iwishiwasfishin thats probly what peewee thought then he lost his pet ide kill him or tke him for a ride in a trap of course

16. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I would trap him and take him for a long ride:big_smile:

17. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Possum and sweet potatoes. Yum

18. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    IMHO i think they look better with a tire track across there back. hehehehehe Kenny

19. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    So far this year I have gotten two possums out of the cat food.Don't like the darn things and never will. Can't seem to get the big ol fat coon though. I go out the door and it's gone. Maybe one of these days I'll get me a Davy Crockett Coon skin Hat.:roll_eyes: Got to watch those wild animals.

20. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i gotta agree with kenny
    a possum with a tire track hairdo is a trust worthy possum

take a 9 iron to its skull before he makes mincemeat out of your pet cats.
    they look like a leftover creature from a lord of the rings movie .
    i cant get attatched to that ugly of a critter for nothing

as waterboys momma would say
    possums are the devil