Look what the BOC brothers do for the other BOC brothers !!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by lawnman61, Apr 9, 2006.

1. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    In some ways this is funny but it was a serious situation yesterday at our Texoma family gathering !!!!!
    It was a very WINDY BLOWY DAY and we got out in the boat but we stayed close to the shore areas cause of the 3 to 4 foot swells on the lake, we were just sitting in the boat waiting for the fish to bite and we had been in the calmer waters for about an hour when all of a sudden I had noticed that the back of our boat was under water and we were sinking fast in about 60ft of water and told my wife and my buddy to cut the anchor lines and I started the engine and went back to shore full throttle in the NO WAKE ZONE with just the bow of our boat sticking above the water and some of our BOC brothers were fishing from shore saw us struggling to make it back, they came running to or need for help. (Now you have to understand that I am a full leg amputee and have a full prothesis, so the fear of drowning was a definate possibility.) While I was running full throttle in the NO WAKE zone, Txbluehunter, James and Chris (a friend of James) were on the bank fishing with Txbluehunters' wife and kids. You could see Txbluehunter running along the shore telling his wife that we were sinking. He was hauling himself.

I was able to get the boat to shore and get everyone off. Now the feat was to get the boat out of the water and draining. We did get the boat tied to my truck and James started pulling the boat out of the water little by little.
    RPcathunter and his son, Ray were there also leading the way and coming up with some great ideas to get the boat no longer flooded and somehow get it on the trailer. Needless to say we broke several ropes and cinch straps.
    Once we got the boat somewhat drained then the feat was to get it on the trailer. With a lot of brain, muscle and will power we seemed to get the boat a good majority there. Then the next feat, we did not have enough pavement and the trucks back tires went on the grass. Had a hard time getting the boat (full of water) and the trailer to budge. SOS to T-Bone and his friend with the 4x4. We got a hold of T-Bone just in time cause they were about to leave. With a lot of prayer and will, the truck came off the grass.

Now the reason for the sinking problem, the bilge pump went out on us. The plug was in very tight so Bubba was off the hook.

The brothers who went above and beyond the call of duty. There were other boaters around and they just went by on their own business. None of them stopped to help. These brothers deserve an award or recognition for their bravery and help for a brother and sister in need.

Txbluehunter and wife has pics and will post later. It was very serious but we managed to laugh about it.

These brothers will be getting rep points from both me and sairving.

Al

2. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sorry to hear about the problems, and there is a great example why this is the one and only site that I belong to and noone could ever get me to change my mind. Way to go brothers and sisters.

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Man I bet that was a scary situation. I sure am glad that some was there to come to your aid. I have fished that lake before several times and you are right about them going on their way. I about drowned out there in large swells when my bow went under and two boats past by me and didn't even stop. Sure am glad they were there for you.

4. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Glad to hear everything worked out, and yes the BOC are a great group of people.

5. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    Great post! We all need to stick together and help each other out. You never know when you could be in trouble and just a little bit of help is all you need . . . we have an obligation, not like there is a gun to our heads, but as a family to be there for each other. Thank you for showing that our spirit of brotherhood is alive and well!

:0a31:

6. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Thanks brothers and sisters in the BOC.
    The boat didn't need much to fix the problem and came out in good shape and we got it and us home safely.
    Please make sure you guys give recognition to the brothers that really helped us out.
    They truely deserve an award or something.

I'm a BOC member for life !!!!!

AL

7. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    glad you were able to make it to shore and thank god for the brothers
    and sisters comeing to your aid.

that would be a freaky sight to see your boat takeing on that much water.

those boaters that offered no aid better hope they never need help.
    some people are just so thoughtless and selfish.

BOC dont have that type of people in its midst.

glad there were fast thinkers in the group. time was everything in that scenirio.

ive heard mark j and several others say to keep a sharp knife near each anchor line, and i see that was a good idea in your instance .
    between my son and i we prob have a dozen razorknife folding knifes a machette on board at any time . still i may just make a little holder
    near both ends of the boat to hold a nice sharp knife.

8. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Wow! First let me say I'm very glad you made it out of the situation ok. The BOC has the best folk's in the world, and I'm glad they were there to help!!!

Zakk

9. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    By the way, the wife (sairving) caught a 5 lb. striper on Txbluehunters rod at the pier. pics will be shown later once we get organized.

Thanks all

AL

10. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Al , God had his arms around you brother , He used brothers to help brothers .................

11. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Way to get it done gang!!

12. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    This is what the brotherhood is all about (FAMILY).

13. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    It is AWESOME to hear that our BROTEHRS kicked it in to gear and held you out of a very sticky situation. That is what is so AWESOME about the BOC. Everyone is TRULY a BROTHER!!!!

14. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Glad everything worked out ok, cant beat the boc.

15. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Thak GOD nothing serious happened

16. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Well here are the pics my wife took while we were working on getting Al's boat drained and loaded on the trailer with no ramp to use because we were afraid the boat would sink if we tried to back it back in the water.

These pics were taken after we got the boat set on the trailer enough to get the rear end out of the water to drain.

Man, I have to tell each and everyone that this boat was full of water. Al beached the boat at the same it I was running over to help. When Al stood up to get out the boat his pants were wet up to his knees and there was water all the way under the consol. The whole rear end was full of water to the point is was running out of the deck compartment that holds the gas tank and batteries.

Boy Al is right about no body but the BROTHERHOOD helping out. There were atleaset for groups of people that load or unloaded a boat while we are working or A$$ of to try and keep this boat from sinking.

Al it was my pleasure to meet you and your wife. Helping with the boat was the least I could do. If you or any brother ever needs anything let me know.

The pics are attached. It will take a few post to load them all.

Attached Files:

17. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Amen brother! Glad everything worked out for the best!

18. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex

I can't thank you enough Tim for all your and the other brothers help.
    It was a pleasure to meet you and your family as well and all the other brothers and sisters at the gathering.
    We sure made a good time of it anyway.

Thanks again Tim, it sure is nice to have friends like you around and if you ever need anything, don't be afraid to call me, I will be there for you.

AL

19. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I'd like to say that yes everyone on the BOC are all family,however, Al,Shelly,bubba,Tim,James,[C]hris,Randy,Kevin,Danny, (hope I didn't miss anybody) are my 1st. cousins.
    What a great group of guys and gals I had the pleasure to meet. We would've stayed and ate but that tent ride we had got the best of us. Anyone of y'all are welcome on my jon boat or my fishin' spots anytime. Thanks for being my family.

PS
    Hey Al ya will be happy to know that when Steve and I got home and cleaned up he became a member that very nite. His handle is Thaplummer .

20. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Here are a few more pics. James and Chris have some "before" pics that show the boat still in the water.

Attached Files: